Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labrador Retreiver vs. Siberian Husky ???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labrador Retreiver vs. Siberian Husky ???

Hello friends

I am sorry i know i bother you all with this dog stuff BUT i just want to share ideas with you and need suggestions.

I read an article about Rottweilers and i see that its very hard breed for me to have one. Its a great dog BUT needs a lot responsibility cause its an ULTIMATE KILLING MACHINE!!! My mum is an MS(Multipl Sklerosis) patient and i am scared about having a Rottweiler in home. MY mum cant walk, cant use her both arms just lying in the bed and i am worried if the dog will harm her. I dunno....Anyways i decided not to own a Rottweiler.

Now i am looking for "Labrador Retreiver and Siberian Husky". I read articles about them and i see that they are both great dogs like Rottweiler. I am looking for the best breed to own. Suggestions pls...

P.S. Sorry again for bothering with this dog stuff...

Take care and have fun all
    "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
    www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
    Stay Safe, @NeoCop

A German Shepherd is the ONLY way to go! (intelligent, loyal and protective)

Comment

I wouldn't choose either with her condition. Both dogs are good sized and are high energy breeds. In their excitement over anything, they could easily knock stuff over and she can't get to it.

Labs make great guide dogs, but I'd be hesitant because of her problems. They are great dogs, but not the best choice in this case.

Huskies are most happy outside and with other dogs. They are bred for work and they love it. But they are no bred for laying at the foot of the bed and generally don't like it.

I'd look for a smaller breed and something more docile.

Comment

If the dogs were trained as 'companion dogs' they would be helpful to his mom. I am talking about the dogs that help the disabled. It would be great if that program was available in Turkey.

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: ALadyToYou ]

Comment

Hello friends,

Thank you for the answers. 1st i have to say that i am not looking for a dog for my mom & my mom is not the problem here. The problem is if dog ATTACKS (any breed) she cant protect herself. I read that Labs are great guide dogs as you said Niteshift. And my mom's doctor said that an animal (any kind) at home will be helpful to my moms morale. The program which ALadyToYou talking about is available here.

Anyways, my mom is not the problem here. I juat scared from Rottweiler cause its temperament and aggresiveness. May hurt anybody not only my mom. Well...i dunno...
          "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
          www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
          Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

Breeding has more to do with the dog than the breed.

There are ill-tempered Rotties, Shepards and Beagles. Likewise, all 3 can be incredibly loving dogs. The bloodline and how they were raised and socialized immediately after birth is more important than the breed itself.

Comment

Try this...petsmart.com

Personally, I can't say enough good thing about German Shepherds. I love Labs, but being a sporting breed they need ALOT of attention, especially as puppies. When they don't have anything to do, they'll find something.

Also, look at Weimeramers. Very well tempered breed and smart, too. So are German Shorthair Pointers, but they also need some degree of field activity to keep them happy.

Remember, as you look at dogs, what it was bred to be. The dog will still have those same attributes and instincts whether the parents did or not. With that comes good and bad habits.

Comment

NeoCop: I'm still sticking with my GS choice.

Rotts are 'demon dogs' in my opinion (which is very biased). I know I should not blame the breed, because, the owners are the ones responsible for the training. However, my German Shepherd's life was cut short due to an attack by a rottweiler. It is hard to forget that.

Comment

I'll stack my Shi-Tzu up against any breed! She'll lick'em all to death!

Comment

Originally posted by uspublisher:
                    I'll stack my Shi-Tzu up against any breed!
                    Weeny dog, weeny dog!

Comment

Weeny dog, weeny dog!
                      Do NOT underestimate the fight in one of those things!

Comment

My daughter is deaf and has a Lab. I would suggest finding an older one. Maybe between the ages of 5-6. Still trainable but not to old and definataly out of the energetic stage. Ours takes classes 1 time a week and is now in the process of taking my daughter to the person who calls her name out loud. Last month he learned how to tell her the phone was ringing. Great dog but since your mom is bedridden i would suggest a female. Males like to jump on people. And if trained well the dog will tend to your mom when your not in the room. Good luck in your decision.
                        "To each his own"

Comment

Any dog you can carry in a purse is a weeny dog!

I like the BIG DAWGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALadyToYou:
                            Any dog you can carry in a purse is a weeny dog!

I like the BIG DAWGS!!!

But I don't HAVE a purse! And my dog is just too cute, anyway! I think I'll keep her.

Comment

I would get the Labrador, I got a black lab that was hit by a car while I was on patrol and we had her for 12 years. She was a wonderful companion, gentle with kids and adults. They are pretty good guard dogs as far as barking and scaring people, but as far as biting people they are not real quick to bite.
                              I now have a bull terrior mix, and it is by far the most interesting dog I have ever had.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5667 users online. 325 members and 5342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X