300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official. I'm moving.......

...back to California. I just gave my notice to my employer yesterday and will be pulling out on the 30th. Hate to leave here, but I feel that my family should be back in California with the rest of our family.

So, if any of you see a big yellow Ryder truck pulling a trailer with a blue Taurus on it and a red T-bird following it heading west down I-40 Aug 30th through the first week of Sept, let me know you are there-----without flashing reds/blues at me.

Anybody want to come to a huge moving/multi-family yard sale Saturday? Got my work cut out for me.
    Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Comment

Congratulations on the move, WCall!
      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Have a safe trip...I wish you well going back..Katey is right *there is no place like home"..by the way, love garage sales but by the time i get there all the good stuff will be gone! Take care and be safe with your family..God be with you..
        Charlene

Comment

Congrats (?) on the move, WCall.

If you know when you might be in the Amarillo area (if you take 40 all the way) PM me. I'm off that week, and might be able to arrange to buy you a cup of coffee

Anyway, have a safe trip, and best of luck on the new job.
          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JKT:

If you know when you might be in the Amarillo area (if you take 40 all the way) PM me. I'm off that week, and might be able to arrange to buy you a cup of coffee

Thanks Jack. I'm not sure exactly when we are going to be in Amarillo. I've got two different schedules that I've mapped out. One has us staying overnight there and the other has us driving straight through. We're sort of playing it by ear the whole trip because we have a 5 yr old and an almost 4 year old and they will be sort of dictating when we stop, if you know what I mean. This will either be the trip from hell or a somewhat pleasant one. We're buying a 9" tv/vcr to put in the car for them. If I can be more exact on our timeline, I will definitely let you know. Would enjoy meeting you.

Blondie, Charlene, and Mitzi, thanks for the best wishes. We had an awesome moving sale Sat. Went to bed Fri night/Sat morning at 1:45am and got up at 4:30am. It rained before we got up, stayed dry during the entire sale, and then started raining again right after we had everything torn down. Whew!

Blondie, it looks we will be somewhere in the Sac area. Anywhere from Citrus Heights/Roseville to Elk Grove. My new employer will be in Sacramento.
            Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

I wish you and your family the very best of luck with your move, WC. Much happiness to you all. Make it a safe road trip.

Comment

A 3yr and a 5yr old in a trip from North Carolina to California...

Swing down to Atlanta, before you start out and I'll get you some Prozac/Valium for those milk shakes you grab at McDonalds

I hope it is a fun trip, seriously...

Tens days and counting...

You poor man. I pity your wife and those little ones following in the car. How many times do you figure she will flash the headlights to pull over, then walk up and just coldcock you upside the head on the way?

The upside to that would be after you guys get to the motel that night she feels guilty for doing it.

Might be worth getting the sucker punch in the first place...

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: David ]
                Take your hands off the trunk of the car and I'll make your Birth Certificate just another worthless document!!

Comment

Originally posted by David:

You poor man. I pity your wife and those little ones following in the car. How many times do you figure she will flash the headlights to pull over, then walk up and just coldcock you upside the head on the way?
                  LOL! Actually, it will be even easier than that. I'm buying a couple of two-way radios so she can just holler in my ear. It even gets better than that, though. My mother-in-law is flying out to help my wife drive back. My wife has this nasty habit of falling asleep while she is driving and I told her I didn't need to be worrying about that, so she asked her mom to help. Fortunately, I get along great with my in laws. I guess when the boys start getting on their nerves, she'll just send them up to the "big, yellow truck" to ride with me.

Comment

Sorry, WCall, I don't know HOW I kept missing this thread, I even searched it out specifically to see if there were any more details regarding your move.

Cool, You're going to be in the area!

Please mail me....

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: blondie72 ]
                    [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Hope your move goes well, WCall!
                      JB
                      Romans 13:1-5

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4348 users online. 305 members and 4043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X