300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Salary Survey...#1 to #137

The national compensation survey of the largest municipal police departments in the US is updated monthly and new departments are being added constantly.

#1 is now Henderson, Nevada and #137 is Shreveport, Louisiana.

Check out the salaries, the method of creating the index for ranking the departments and all 137 departments at www.theblueline.com and click "Salary Survey."

There are a few things there that might surprise you.
    Kevin Woodside
    The Blue Line: Police Opportunity Monitor Newsletter, Publisher
    http://www.theblueline.com

For those of you that care, Henderson is the department I am with now. I do need to change my screen name, though. How about Donald Trump Copper...E.F. Hutton Copper...Her Majesty The Queen Copper...oops, where'd that come from. (Really, I did just get hired at Henderson, though.)
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

every time this list comes out, it's wrong. i wouldn't follow it too closely, folks

Comment

As a part-timer, I make a whopping $7/hr. Beat THAT!
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Why are Riverside and Irvine ranked below Henderson? Their start and top step salary is more than HPD.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

If you read the fine print it explains that it is more than just the money..... they factor in COL, benefits, etc.

Comment

Santa Clara P.D. makes something like $7875/month at top step. I doubt anyone else beats that. I don't know where that list gets its info.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Ksfuzz is right, the fine print is important on this.

First, it only considers municipal departments serving the largest population areas in the US, so smaller departments are ignored.

Second, it considers the total benefit package and compares it with the local cost of living.

The index used to rank the departments considers (I am simplifying a bit here) the salary divided by the number of days of work required over a 30 year period, and finally a local Consumer Price Index is factored.

What makes Henderson #1?

Good region for CPI
                Excellent Salary that includes good longevity, shift differentials and specialty pay.
                A vacation plan that allows a lot of time off.

If you are interested in seeing their entire contract (its a 47 page .pdf) click here
                http://www.policepay.org/hencontractI.pdf
                Kevin Woodside
                The Blue Line: Police Opportunity Monitor Newsletter, Publisher
                http://www.theblueline.com

Comment

Santa Clara may make almost 8k a month but it costs 700k to buy a tiny house so its all relative.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2250 users online. 155 members and 2095 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X