300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Christmas gift?

What's the best Christmas gift that you ever received?

Mine was a Superman mini-pinball machine. This was a while ago(last year). It made more noise than any toy in history. My parents hated it.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

my son who was born a few weeks before Christmas in 1985.

after that....my first Ludwig snare drum, Christmas 1964.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

my gibson electric guitar...1995

Comment

ANY Christmas that found a GUN under the tree with MY name on it.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

this one is soooo easy now...

last Christmas night I got a 9-1-1 call, 7 yom not breathing, no pulse. It wasn't our call, so I transferred it for ambulance service, but knowing that dispatcher was alone, and I was in a room with five people doing nothing but eating... I offered to do the CPR. As I followed EMD protocol, about HALF WAY THROUGH the Dad says, "he's got a traech..." First and only CPR to stoma ever been done in my Center.

We got him back. I don't know his name. I don't know if he lived past the week, but I know that family did not loose their son on Christmas.

The night before, Christmas Eve morning at about 0300 I had done CPR with a Deputy who found his wife not breathing on the floor of the bathroom. I'd just met his 14 yo daughter that very night, in Dispatch, for the first time. Before the call was over, she was on the phone with me, coaching her Dad (one of MY BOYS) to do CPR on her Mom. We didn't win that one. It wasn't ours to win.

I have to add that when I tell about the 7 yo and the save. The one that beat the odds... because they are two sides of the same coin. While it was one of the hardest calls I've done, it was a privelege to try to help my Deputy.

I always wonder if the little boy lived. He had CP or CF or something like that... but the absolute best gift I've ever gotten was that save. Just knowing that family didn't have to face Christmas for the rest of their lives knowing it was the day their son died.

Comment

You know, I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what it would be...and nothing sticks out in my mind. How depressing...LOL

Comment

The best Christmas gift, I've not received yet, but I am working on it.

Comment

Life
                "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

I'm with Mr. Orange on this one.
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Watching my (soon to be 2 yoa) son open his presents this Christmas, will be the best gift ever.............................................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3685 users online. 232 members and 3453 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X