X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Cats!!! --- Mitzi

Elderly Man Licking Wounds After Cat Attack
    Friday July 13 7:44 AM EST

QUEBEC CITY (Reuters) - An elderly Canadian man was said to be recovering on Thursday following a savage attack by his pet cat, which drew four carloads of police, two ambulances and an animal control officer.

The National Post newspaper said Gerard Daigle, 80, lost a pint of blood and required stitches after his cat Touti, a diminutive roughly meaning Tiny, launched a frenzied attack after Daigle, who was apparently giving his pet parrot a shower, inadvertently sprayed the cat with water.

Daigle, who lives in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, halfway between Montreal and Quebec City, could not be reached for comment on Thursday. The newspaper said he was saved by his 81-year-old wife who wrestled the cat away, only to have it turn on her.

"The cat wanted to eat her, too," the paper quoted Daigle as saying.

The couple managed to chase the cat into the bedroom and slam the door. Police responded in force because they thought they were dealing with a domestic emergency.

It is not known why Daigle was giving his parrot a shower.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

I have this feeling that we didnt get the whole story on this one.

Comment

Never heard anything like that before.....I wonder if it was part bobcat or something.
      We had something like that happen to my husband. A cat started hanging around the house, sparying....ick. We decided to take him to the SPCA. My husband put on thick gloves to get him into the cage and he bit right through them. He was a weird looking cat.....Had a huge head and animal control thought he might be part bobcat.
      Anyway, we had to catch him on our own because, if we didn't, they were going to require my husband to start rabie shots. It was some frantic time as we could not catch this cat. Then we realized he really like our house cat at the time, Irving.
      So, we put old Irving (yes, Irving!) in a cage in the garage and waited until this cat snuck in to see him and....walla...closed that garage door. This cat went crazy. The animal control officer came to get him and I never heard such yowling from an animal. He literally walked on the ceiling.
      Luckily, he did not have rabies. We never touch an unknown outside cat now!
      See y'all in a few days!

Comment

I was on patrol in the city about a month ago when I saw a cougar (or the like) walking through an apartment complex. It took off before I could get animal control there. This thing must have been fifty pounds and probably was about 2 1/2 feet tall. No mistake about it, and no, it was definitely not a dog. I saw it from about 15 feet away.
        As for domestic cats...well, we know about them anyway don't we Artie?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4426 users online. 237 members and 4189 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X