300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    I feel sorry for ANY officer who has a skin so thin that something like this is upsetting to them. I've been called one hell of a lot worse in my life than pig.
    I concur. I can't think of any name that someone has called me that would upset me. Although some Middle Eastern guy tried really hard -- according to him I was 'a "bastard son of dung-smelling whores," or something like that.

They say that everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten. Well, here you go:

Sticks and stones
    May break my bones
    But names can never hurt me.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

I've explained it before but let's do it again for some of the newer members. My moniker comes from my favorite sport (football) AND the fact that I am a police officer. It was my CB handle back in the "old" days. I was once fired from a job for not arresting a hippie for calling me a "pig". Actually, I was younger than the hippie at the time & fully understood the teen jargon & was not offended by it in the context it was used. I was an EMT (or closest thing we had to it at that time) & helped a young girl having a miscarriage. I later met the girl & her boyfriend (the hippie) while doing laundry at the local laundrymat. She introduced me to him & said I had saved her life. He said he appreciated what I had done & was impressed with how young I was (19 at the time). He said, "So you're really a pig?" We talked a little more about my job & him being in college. There was no one else in the place. Still...word got around that a hippie had called me a pig & I hadn't done anything about it, so the chief called me in & told me to swear out a warrant & pick him up. I refused. So he fired me for refusing a direct order. Oh well. Two days later he had hired his brother-in-law to replace me who had just gotten out of the service. Sticks & stones may break my bones...if he had said it in a threatening or offensive manner I may have arrested him but I knew it was just slang & I was off-duty with my wife washing clothes. What did it matter? Besides, the chief even could be called a pig, because he was.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Pigskin:
        Besides, the chief even could be called a pig, because he was.

Chief-Pig, heh heh, he said PIG...

What a hard-***!
        Maybe Chiefy-poo is bored...You'd think the jack*** would have enough faith in his officers to trust their discretion.

Without Officer Discretion an officer would be little more than a robot and there would be no justice!!!!!!
        All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. "
          - Sir Winston Churchill
          -Sparky

Comment

quote:
            I've even got a big ol' stuffed pig in the back window of my police car.

WHY...am I not surprised???

Out
            American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Pigs are good luck!!!

"To this day in some European countries, notably the Netherlands and German speaking countries, it is customary to give piggy banks as gifts because the belief is still held that pigs bring luck and good fortune." - from Piggy Bank History

[ 01-07-2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Oink ]
              All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Pigskin:
                I was once fired from a job for not arresting a hippie for calling me a "pig".

I hope you guys will forgive an ignorant question from a non-LEO, but can you really arrest someone for calling you a name??
                "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Sounds like it..
                  I would hope so, Ppl shouldn't be allowed to disrespect authority. But it's one of those things where officer discretion must be used.
                  Alot of ppl like to give the finger and yell Pig at passing police cars...But I'm not sure if they can arrest for that up here. I think an officer needs to be careful though, We wouldn't want LEOs getting a reputation for being hard-***es.

Comment

It all depends on who says it. If some youth wants to call me a pig then generally we have a "chat" about it and he agrees he's in the wrong (often from a cell.)
                    If an LEO says it then I take it as it's meant Cop humour.
                    Besides, I can't complain with a user name akin to a rat. (I think I prefer the pig!)

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Blackrat:
                      It all depends on who says it. If some youth wants to call me a pig then generally we have a "chat" about it and he agrees he's in the wrong (often from a cell.)
                      If an LEO says it then I take it as it's meant Cop humour.
                      Besides, I can't complain with a user name akin to a rat. (I think I prefer the pig!)

OK, I realize that in England and Canada, citizens have no rights [Eek!] [Eek!] .

But in the U.S., I would have thought that our first amendment rights (and possibly others) would protect us from this sort of thing?

P.s. no matter what, I commend Pigskin for not following this order, my only question is, was the order legal, and if so, on what grounds??

[ 01-07-2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Peacenik ]
                      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

It all depends on the circumstances

And, who is around [Wink]

Seriously, most places an arrest wouldn't be called for, but it IS a quick way to get (unwanted and intense) attention called upon yourself.

There's always a way.......
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

To me pig is not insulting because it just to cliche, so I just call them deputy fife. That's always good for an asswhoopin!

Comment

And PIG means 'Pride Integrity Guts'(Sig220Man)...Not much of an insult.

Comment

I was directing traffic at a high school football game one night when a school bus pulled up & some kid started hollaring, "Pig, pig!" I started hollaring back, "Student, student!" The laughter on the bus indicated that I had won.

Comment

Pigskin!!!
                                Are you trying to kill me!!
                                I was laughing so hard I was in tears!!
                                I almost choked!!
                                LMFAOx20!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2489 users online. 155 members and 2334 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X