300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good age to apply

I was just wondering how old the typical "new recruit" usually is? When I am done college I will only be 21. Realisticaly, is there any chance of being hired at 21? Is it even worth trying or should I simply wait a few years and then try? I am especially interested in hearing from Canadian officers since these are the departments I will be applying to. However, any input from anyone is of course greatly appreciated.! Thanks in advance to anyone who posts!

Apply!

Why ask?

Go volunteer your time in the community. Study like hell and get good grades. Work out and have fun with your life. The best applicant is a well rounded one. Tryout for the OPP auxiliary. You would get a good taste of police work in the meantime before you are hired as a regular member. No,21 is not to young if you are a mature individual.
    M.H.K

Comment

And if your interest is OPP specific you should be talking to them now!!! They have been interviewing over the past month......

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. I figured I would get that type of response so I will try and take the advice! As for OPP specifically, I have decided to be broad in my search for employment. Besides, Im not to sure I meet the vision requirements for most Ontario agencies ( they are the hardest in North America!) So, I have been looking into agencies across Canada and even some in the down south. Nonetheless, thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it!

Comment

Talk to your eye Dr. then go talk to the RCMP.
          M.H.K

Comment

And Barkley has a good point in joining the auxiliary.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4284 users online. 257 members and 4027 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X