Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooter1201
    replied
    The ONLY thing insurance companies understand is a letter(s) from a lawyer promising legal action unless the insurance company submits to the BEST INTERESTS of the patient. Until they receive such a letter, standard practice is DENY, DENY, DENY.

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    Wow, if we were paid for all the extras we do as teachers, shooter, we sure would be rich, wouldn't we?
    As for insurance, I'm having trouble with ours right now. I have ben on a stomach medication called Prilosec for years now. My H has a new job and this insurance company says that there are other meds that work the same and are cheaper. I have tried several but none work as well as Prilosec which I admit, is expensive (5$ a pill).
    So, I'm trying to get them to let MY doctor prescrobe for me and not the drs on their staf. I realize costs have to be watched but I definitly need the Prilosec. It's all that gives me complete relief. But they still won't pay for it. I only take one when absolutely necessary because I know it is expensive. And even then, I only take one a day.
    I don't know what the answer is. Guess I'll have to settle for being uncomfortable rather then feeling fine.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    I had a workmen's comp claim this summer through my PD. The local hospital billed my agency AND my personal insurance provider. I filed a 'fraudulant charge' complaint with my carrier, but haven't heard anything from them on it.

I wish I could charge parents $497 for a 45 minute parent/teacher conference......

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    You can thank attorneys and low-life clients that want to make a quick buck sueing everyone for eveything for all the high costs.

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    I know the cost of medical expenses are extremely high. I deal with it everyday at work with the Worker's Compensation claims that are handled. Millions of dollars are paid out on a daily basis. Everyday I look at the stack of paperwork on my desk and all I see are dollar signs.

I am covered 100% though my work - no deductions taken from my paycheck. My children, on the other hand, are not. They are covered through my ex, thank God, otherwise, I'd be working to only pay medical insurance. It costs so much to add a spouse or child.

As for the PPO's, HMO's and the like...I am enrolled in a HMO, and although I'm not crazy about them, my doctors that I have been going to for years are in the system so I didn't have to change anything at all. And with everything that has been going on with me lately medical wise (3 procedure in one month, and at the very least, one more operation to go), I couldn't afford to be without benefits.

I feel for you, shooter. [Frown]

Leave a comment:

• Underdog
    replied
    You have my sympathy. Luckily, my conrtibution for medical insurance is very reasonable.

I spent two days in intensive care about 16 years ago. I had a low paying job and didn't have medical insurance because I didn't think that I could afford the employee contribution. The two day stay cost me three grand. I know that medical insurance can be expensive and frustrating to deal with, but today I wouldn't be without it.

[ 10-12-2002, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Underdog ]

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    started a topic Medical Insurance = THEFT

Medical Insurance = THEFT

My local system...and Tennessee state employees in general...are currently insured under Blue Cross of Tennessee. TPTB have decided to do away with our HMO plans, in favor of PPO and POS(wanna guess what THAT stands for?) plans. ALL of this means an INCREASE in premiums and out of pocket expenses and a REDUCTION in services.

Our 'group rate' policy(family) is over $800/month per employee. There are THOUSANDS of Tennessee state employees enrolled with this provider, and THIS is the best we can do?

The state requires that local school boards pay a MINIMUM of 45% of the policy premium per employee(Guess what MY county pays?). Some systems opt to pay 100% of the premium.

The 'option' of quitting my job, going on welfare and getting FREE TennCare looks better and better every day. WTF am I working for?

[ 10-12-2002, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2803 users online. 144 members and 2659 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X