Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your agency employ a full time armorer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your agency employ a full time armorer?

I've noticed that most departments assign one of the officers the collateral duty of department armorer.

I was wondering if there are any cop shops out there that have a full time armorer on staff...I need a job... [Frown]

[ 10-10-2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: GunnFixr ]

We employ several full time armorers. Unfortunately, they are all sworn police officer positions. You have to get hired, go through the academy, do all the regular cop stuff for a few years, and wait for an opening. You can then apply for an armorer position and hopefully be accepted. We also have several full time officers who are assigned simple armorer tasks as a small part of their duties.

[ 10-10-2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Underdog ]

Comment

Larger departments like Underdog's are able to assign a sworn officer (or several, in his department's case) to the specific task of being an armorer and/or rangemaster.

Small departments, on the other hand, usually don't have the luxury of an officer dedicated specifically to these tasks, due to staffing numbers, so they will assign an officer(s) to these tasks in addition to their usual duties (patrol, detectives, etc.).

Comment

My PD has ONE guy that's been to HK's armorer's school(the tact team uses HKs). The rest of the department is up a creek.......
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Our Armourer shop for the entire Force is located at our Academy. Some of the Armourers are Regular Members (Peace Officer/LEO) but I think most are now Civilian Members, hired solely for working in the Armourer shop. However, the first requirement for getting hired as a C/M is to be a Canadian citizen.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6288 users online. 347 members and 5941 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X