300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

While I don't suffer from insomnia on a regular basis about once maybe twice a month I do. This is one of those nights. It's driving me nuts! I lay down close my eyes and nothing. Tried listening to music, tried counting sheep, tried reading and still nothing. Not gonna do the warm milk thing. YUCK!!!! I am soooooooo tired and yet can't sleep. Any suggestions for when this happens?
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

I get insomnia in the worst way!!!!!!!
    I used to be able to read myself to sleep--you know when you've read and re-read that one line like fifty times and it still doesn't make sense, you're getting close --but anymore, it's almost hopeless for me.

I don't know about you, but laying there thinking about how much I'm not sleeping is guaranteed to make things worse...

I feel for you.

Comment

Doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does, Melatonin usually works for me.

Jack
      Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

When ever I am having one of those nights I usually take a large dose of Nyquil unless I have to be up early. If I have to get an early start to the day I will take Melatonin, it doesnt make me feel tired when I wake up.

Comment

I feel for you Metro same thing here. Sleeping aids don't help me much. Good luck

Comment

I have insomnia so badly, my dr wanted to prescribe sleeping pills. But, I don't want to go that route. My internal clock is backwards. I could stay up all night and sleep all day. Unfortunately, that does not go with my lifestyle.
            When I suffer a really bad bout of it, I will stay up 24 hours and that sometimes gets me on track. But a poor sleeper I DEFINITELY am!

Comment

I suffer from insomnia on a regular basis, so I empathize with you. A few tips: Don't clock watch, it will only cause panic and that will keep you up longer. Get out of bed...laying there has done nothing for you this far, so change your scenery. Play Solitaire, write a letter, balance your checkbook,...anything to make your eyes and brain work together and tire out. As hard as it is to do, block it out that you should be asleep...that will make things worse.
              I wish you luck...avoid chemicals to assist you...that's no help really.
              "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
              http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

When I can't sleep I go to officer.com and visit the gun control threads... usually puts me to sleep!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!

Try dreaming and I agree, don't take medication unless you HAVE to!!

Comment

When I was on nights, I would get it from time to time on my nights off. I'd get up for about an hour, cruise the web, maybe get a bowl of cereal and I'm ready for sleep again.

Comment

FFLawdog, I do the same thing or take a hot bath.

Comment

I usually try strenuous exercise. Makes me real tired.

Comment

Funny you should ask about this, as I was examined at a sleep disorder clinic this past Wednesday. Gave me a bunch of literature on the different sleep disorders (of which there are over 85, or so I was told).
                        Apparently sleep disorders can cause all kinds of illnesses, and cause the rapid progression of certain maladies & diseases, but most (if not all) can be treated...even the messed up internal body clock!
                        Wanna hear the kicker???? The occupations of most patients with sleep diorders are truck drivers and airline pilots.....think I'll put off that trip to Europe this fall......& who needs to drive on them pesky interstates anyways!

Comment

I went to a sleep disorder clinic and found out I had sleep apnea. I quit breathing 38 times during the night. There is a machine called the CPAP machine that I tried but didn't like so I opted for surgery. When I sleep, I sleep a lot better! But, insomnia has always been a problem for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5050 users online. 341 members and 4709 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X