300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A girl or a boy?

I made the mistake of being bored and watching Riki Lake tonite. The guests were men that said they would leave their pregnant wives if they didn't have a boy or that they intended to keep going until they DID have a boy. The reactions when they revealed the babies sex was disgusting. One man said, since his wife was having a girl, he was going back to his ex-wife. Another man acted like he was this big stud because they were going to have a boy. Another man left the stage when he found out it was a girl and said then it wasn't his because he was capable of producing only boys.
    I realize this was a talk show (probably staged) but I have known some men like this. My husband didn't care if we had a boy or girl. Like me, he just wanted a healthy baby.
    But, my own Dad was disappointed when he found out he had healthy beauitful identical twin girls (my sister and I). I know my parents love us but it was my brother that was their gift from God. Dad even tried to make us clean his room cause boys don't do housework!
    To this day, he is held above all others even tho he left 20 eyars ago and wants nothing to do with them.

I admit to wanting a boy....until my daughter Diana was born. She was..IS..the most beautiful creature on Earth. I wouldn't take all the baby boys in the world for her....
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Well, shooter, I wanted a girl but the same thing happened to me.....I didn't care if I had a boy or girl but my preference would have been girl. Then, I saw David.....The most beautiful person in the whole world. He looked at me when he was like one minute old and my heart just melted. Girl? What girl? lol
      I look at his big brown eyes and that sweet smile as he hugs me and says, "Hi, Mom"! He still melts my heart!

Comment

Mitzi,

Growing up was a nightmare for me! Imagine having not one, not two, but 3 brothers! I am the only girl and trust me, they tortured me to no end! (insert pity here )

I was a bit of a tomboy growing up, mostly because of my brothers. Sports were a must if I wanted to hang out w/them. Did that for awhile until I figured playing football was a little too dangerous for me. Decided cheerleading worked better, and it quickly killed the tomboy image (did the rah-rah bit for 7 years).

I hung out with my older brother a lot, well, tagged along really (mainly because I always had a crush on one of his friends). I got on his nerves is what I did!

Ok, getting off track here...what I wanted to state was that I had to pick up the slack for my brothers all the time. Lazy! Lazy! Lazy! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I had to pick up after them. Used to drive me insane. No matter how unfair I thought it was, I still had to pick up after them. I'd kick their butts if they tried that BS today!

To comment on the talkshow you mentioned...they're IDIOTS! And you're right, it's probably staged. The ratings thing, I guess.

Comment

Mitzi, You're right about the feelings that you get when you first hold your babies in your arms. I have 3 sons. Michael, Joseph and David is my youngest.
          When they were younger, I taught all 3 of them how to do laundry, cook and clean. Never could teach them to stop fighting.
          All 3 still help clean, cook, etc. The oldest went to the Culinary Arts School in Baltimore and is one heckuva main Chef at a well know place in Baltimore. The middle one works for the State of Md. and the 3rd one is still trying to find his place in the world after he was run over. But, he doesn't let his being a paraplegic stop him from doing anything. Last year him and a friend of his went on the Appalacian Trail and went about 40-50 miles. Only took them 2-3 days. I'm proud of all 3!!
          As far as Ricki Lake, don't watch her. I do watch Maury or Montel sometimes when I don't have anything else to do.

Comment

*shudder* Rikki Lake gets on my nerves..

Comment

I was bored, Rachel.....lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5664 users online. 328 members and 5336 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X