300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of low carb...

This coming sunday will be the one month mark of my low carb diet. I'm not following any specific plan, just keeping it under 10-15G of carbohydrates per day. Also, doing a relatively low fat, high protein mix. As of now, I've lost about 17LBS. 12 of that was in the first week alone, which I'm sure was just water being lost.

Anyway, I found a really great recipe that I modified to my liking. It is practically carb free.

I start by making the 'batter'. 2 raw eggs, with a tablespoon of mustard mixed into it. Mix well, and set aside (i wanted to add tobasco to it tonight, but forgot. if anyone tries it, let me know how it is).

Next, the 'breading'. fill a bowl with as much grated parmesean cheese as necessary. I add dry minced garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and a little bit of parsley as well. mix the cheese and any other added spices.

Take boneless chicken breasts and cut it into chicken cutlet or chicken finger size pieces. I use my butcher, and they do all the hardwork, by removing the fat and trimming them and cutting them appropriately. I think I pay an extra three bucks for it. Anyway, get the chicken into the strip size that you want.

Coat the bottom of a frying pan with oil. i have used vegetable and olive oil with the same success. heat it up.

dip the raw chicken into the egg batter, and coat the whole piece, both sides, well. dip the coated chicken into the parmesean mix and coat well. this will act as your breading. add piece by piece to the oil in the pan and heat on medium heat until a golden brown.

repeat this with the remaining pieces of chicken.

enjoy, and if anyone tries it, let me know what you think.

Congrats on the weight loss...

and that recipe sounds really good. thanks.
    "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Are you watching your bodyfat? That is an insanely low amount of carbs.
      "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

yeah, i'm watching it disappear!!!!

bye bye fat!

Comment

You know what I mean. Are you measuring your bodyfat? On that low a carb diet you will lose lean body mass as well. You may lose "weight" but it will not be just fat.

If you just care about weight and not BF or losing muscle then OK by me.
          "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4116 users online. 187 members and 3929 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X