300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copmail

Any members here with copmail finding they can't log into it these days? I was just wondering if its just my computer or if they are down.

Thanks

I can't get in either. It must be down.

Hightower
    No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
    - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

I too can't log on via the website, but oddly enough I can download messages via Outlook Express (I opted for the paid version of CopMail).

Comment

The same thing happened about 6-8 months ago for a few days. It's making me nuts.

Comment

CopMail appears to be down once again I can read my messages (which download into Outlook Express), but I can neither respond through OE, nor can I do anything in CopMail that is web-based.

However, the reason for my post is that there's another concern that I have. A couple of people that I know well have sent e-mails with attachments to my CopMail address. I've downloaded these e-mails to OE, which promptly deleted the attachments, saying that they were "harmful." The friends who sent me the attachments, as well as other friends who have received them, assured me there was nothing wrong with the attachments.

Is there a new virus out that infects web servers like CopMail, and then attaches itself to legitimate attachments?

Comment

Sig, I think it may have to do with your security settings in OE instead. I get my dept. mail thru Outlook and it does the same thing on some attachments. It seems that it only does it when something is forwarded rather than mailed straight thru.

Comment

Now that CopMail is back up again, I think I've figured out why.

One friend sent me an attachment that contained JavaScript. I suspect the other friend's attachment did too.

ChopShopCop, you're right it had to do with my security settings in OE, which automatically reject any attachments containing JavaScript.

WHEW!

[ 10-20-2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

Comment

Resurrecting this thread because copmail.com is currently expired.

Code:
                Domain Name: COPMAIL.COM
                Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
                Updated Date: 2012-09-07 03:10:04
                Creation Date: 1999-09-05 18:32:46
                Registrar Expiration Date: 2013-09-05 18:32:46
                Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
                Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
                Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
                Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
                Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
                Registrant Name: Sean Fay
                Registrant Organization: Secure Traffic
                Registrant Street: 1311 Brighton Ave
                Registrant City: Myrtle Beach
                Registrant State/Province: South Carolina
                Registrant Postal Code: 29588
                Registrant Country: United States
                Admin Name: Sean Fay
                Admin Organization: Secure Traffic
                Admin Street: 1311 Brighton Ave
                Admin City: Myrtle Beach
                Admin State/Province: South Carolina
                Admin Postal Code: 29588
                Admin Country: United States
                Admin Phone: +1.8432520368
                Admin Fax:
                Admin Email: [email protected]
                Tech Name: Sean Fay
                Tech Organization: Secure Traffic
                Tech Street: 1311 Brighton Ave
                Tech City: Myrtle Beach
                Tech State/Province: South Carolina
                Tech Postal Code: 29588
                Tech Country: United States
                Tech Phone: +1.8432520368
                Tech Fax:
                Tech Email: [email protected]
                Name Server: NS77.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
                Name Server: NS78.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
                I left a voicemail for Sean Fay, but I imagine he's rather inundated with queries right now, so I don't anticipate a direct response anytime soon. I hope it's just an oversight. The whois data doesn't look too promising though. My address there is [email protected]. I'm changing my profile here to use my email account here: [email protected].

Comment

They're back up now -- must've been an oversight -- but I'm still keeping my profile email change for now.

Comment

Hmmm.... a NON-LEO worried about this stuff....? Wow..... One has to wonder how "Monty" got an account and what their verification system is....as it has to be non-existent.....since he's NOT A LEO......

Comment

FYI Monty I would highly recommend removing your e-mail address from the post for the simple purpose of staying off spam e-mail lists.

Comment

This is gonna be good. A zombie thread mixed with a Bearcat-Monty fight. I got the popcorn and jack daniels. You guys are responsible for your own beer, I haven't found a good one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mookster View Post
                          This is gonna be good. A zombie thread mixed with a Bearcat-Monty fight. I got the popcorn and jack daniels. You guys are responsible for your own beer, I haven't found a good one yet.
                          Meh...no fight gonna happen. He's just a wannabe tool bag.....that has been trying to play Po-Po for years....and fooled some worthless site to give him a wannabe email address.....

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                            They're back up now -- must've been an oversight -- but I'm still keeping my profile email change for now.
                            Is it an attention seeking thing? Were you not breast fed as a child or some other nonsense?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5631 users online. 316 members and 5315 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X