300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA TV, are you watching the flight?

This space flight is really busy, and it's a kick to watch it live with sound on the puter.

Who else watches?

Jim Burnes

I do Jim, I have a big C-band dish aligned to the GE2 satellite transponder 9, just for watching NASA TV. I watch all of the lauches and landings. Did you catch the spacewalk yet??

[ 10-09-2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Lucy ]
    Royce is a Lady

Comment

I haven't seen much about it, but I did watch the launch.

I was teaching a class at the Titusville PD, which is located at the entrance of Spaceport USA. We took our break at the launch time.

On a clear day, you can see a launch from where I live (about 200 air miles away) and you can almost always see night launches (which are pretty cool to watch).

Night landings, however, are a PITA. We never seem to know when they are and the double sonic boom sets off half the burglar alarms in the area and causes the 911 lines to light up with people thinking their house is being broken into.

Comment

where is nasa going?
        "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

This time they had a camera on the outside showing what it looks like when their going up(you could see earth in the background), but darn they got fuel on the camera lense which distorted the view.

quote:
          I was teaching a class at the Titusville PD, which is located at the entrance of Spaceport USA. We took our break at the launch time.

Cool nice to see you back, Niteshift.
          Royce is a Lady

Comment

NASA TV is one of the better things about this internet. Just listening in to the talk between ground and shuttle/station is cool.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Actually today was a pretty good day to watch, they installed the S1 truss which several hours to do, I managed to catch about three hours of it. They also messed with S-band antenna which is used for communications to the shuttle, when the shuttles crosslink antenna to the TDRS satellite is not availible. I'd personally love one of those hand power drills they were using though.
              Royce is a Lady

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4044 users online. 225 members and 3819 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X