300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid computer question...

Does anyone know if you can somehow take games off of the internet and put them into your computer so that you can play them off line? If it is possible, how do you do it. Please speak in easy terms, I'm computer illiterate. I love playing games that I find online, but don't want to tie up my phone line for hours playing a game. Any suggestions?
    BTW, the obvious solution would be get a non dial up connection, but it isn't feasible at this time. Thankx!
    In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Are you asking about games like Yahoo games and so on? If so, I am not sure if you can take them offline at all. They make their money by showing you ads while you play, even if you don't look at the ads, so they want you to be connected.

There might be a way to take them offline, but it is probably pretty complicated. However, maybe I am just not too educated about it [Wink]
    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

There are games that you can download to your computer, install, then play to your heart's content without being online. However games such as at Yahoo or AOL games etc.. must be played online.

What games specifically do you play?
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by shorty:
        Does anyone know if you can somehow take games off of the internet and put them into your computer so that you can play them off line?

happypuppy.com has a bunch of downloadable demos.

Nice to be able to try before you buy.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by shorty:
          Does anyone know if you can somehow take games off of the internet and put them into your computer so that you can play them off line? If it is possible, how do you do it. Please speak in easy terms, I'm computer illiterate. I love playing games that I find online, but don't want to tie up my phone line for hours playing a game. Any suggestions?
          BTW, the obvious solution would be get a non dial up connection, but it isn't feasible at this time. Thankx!

yes. you have to view the source code. a lot of games are saved as a shockwave file. when you play the game it usually opens in a window without a toolbar right? this is to prevent you from saving the game. in the script(toolbar>view>source), there is a link to that game, but the script tells it to open without a toolbar. what you have to do is go through the script, find the game you're looking for and copy and paste the URL into a new browser window. this will open the game with a toolbar. now you can save it as an html page or as the shockwave file and play away. if you post a page you're trying to get into i'm sure the actual link can be located for you.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by p01ic3m4n:
            [QUOTE] you have to view the source code. a lot of games are saved as a shockwave file. when you play the game it usually opens in a window without a toolbar right? this is to prevent you from saving the game. in the script(toolbar>view>source), there is a link to that game, but the script tells it to open without a toolbar. what you have to do is go through the script, find the game you're looking for and copy and paste the URL into a new browser window. this will open the game with a toolbar. now you can save it as an html page or as the shockwave file and play away. if you post a page you're trying to get into i'm sure the actual link can be located for you.

Dam it man, what do you think I am?
            After I read that I had to just sit and stare at the computer screen for a minute. I still don't know what you said! LOL I said make it E A S Y for my computer illiterate self.

Rach, you will like this answer! I loved the insaneaquarium you posted, and I also liked the helicopter game under jokes and trivia. These are specifically want I was wanting.
            In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/week13/images/copter.swf

is that big enough for you? the 'save as' feature has been disabled in the parameters so i wasn't able to get it. i looked at the insanequarium, but it's done in an applet so it's hard coded into the page. what that means is the program is ran on the server computer so you can't pull it. some of them you can get and some you can't. it just depends on how good the programmer is.

[ 10-09-2002, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: p01ic3m4n ]

Comment

I got 957.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3063 users online. 168 members and 2895 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X