300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a rotten day...

Ever have one of those days where nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, seems to be going right?

My day was so bad at work today, I actually walked out. Just quit. Impossible working for the boss from hell.

It was second my job (waiting tables), wouldn't dare give up my first one. The sucky part is, I really liked the people I worked with. They actually made it fun being at work. There are the regulars that come in that I'm gonna miss too.

We got new owners about a month ago and I swear I think she's mental. She screamed at all the waitresses today and I just couldn't take her screaming in my face anymore.

Right before I walked out, she told me if you don't like it here, any one of you, there's the GD door. Then she screamed at the top of her lungs at me to get a certain tables order out, which, by the way, the cooks didn't have ready. She slapped my order book out of my hand and told me to get the food out. I put my order book on the counter, took a deep breath, got my hand bag, then walked out the door.

Ok, I feel better now.

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 07-08-2001).]

Katey, FWIW, it sounds like you did the right thing for your sanity. I can't understand how some restaurant owners can get away with treating their help like ^&%^& and not go out of business.

If that's how they treat you, how did they treat the customers? It makes one wonder...

There are other part-time jobs out there, possibly even better ones.

Best of luck

------------------
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

I would say slapping the order book out of your hand borders on assault. She's a huge bully, katey, who has never had anyone stand up to her. My mother was the same way and no one DARED stand up to her.....until my husband entered the picture. He had her running with her tail between her legs like really quick like.
      Of course, if she's the bosss, that makes it a lot more difficult. But, you did the right thing. I just feel sorry for the people that have to stay cause they need the job so badly.

Comment

Nothing like a good walk-out to cleanse the soul. Especially a dignified walk-out. It says, "I am too good, and too professional for the likes of you flounders." Don't go back to that place. Make a new plan and look forward to the adventure. After all, you didn't give up your day job!

[This message has been edited by goodside (edited 07-08-2001).]

Comment

You did the right thing, Katey. I'm sure the others who worked with you will follow suit real soon.
          Don't worry about that former boss of your's. She will be out of business faster than she got in.

I used to go to this cafe quite often. The way that guy talked to his help, it was all I could do to keep from going back there and knocking him flat on his can!
          But a few minutes later, he comes out from the back, all smiles, asking me how everything was. I then pointedly told him my wife was considering answering his "Help Wanted" sign on the door, but after hearing how he talks to and treats his employees, the first time he spoke that way to my wife, I'd hold his face against his grill! I asked him who in the hell he thought he was, and what gave him the right to talk to his employees that way(one young lady went out the back door in tears). He never said a word; I paid my check, and left. I've never been back there since.
          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Katey, sorry to hear about your bad day...hang in there kiddo! You'll make it, I have faith...

------------------
            Make it a point. You and your partner WILL survive and go home and the end of your shift!

Let the lawyers fight it out later . . .
            Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

Y'all are great. It's like therapy being here. Thank you for your kind words.

------------------
              "There's no place like home."

Comment

KateyKakes, You're not the first to walk out of a restaurant. I've done it. Haven't been back to work in Food Service yet! It's good tips (sometimes) but, alot of crap from managers, owners or the slackers that work there. I've missed some of the co-workers & customers but then, there's some customers that I don't ever care to see again. I also got tired of working weekends, holidays, nights and filling in for the ones that don't know how to show up. Chin up, my friend. Another job will come along.

Comment

We quit going out with some former friends because they were so rude to the waitresses and waiters. Their attitude was, "They work for us so the service better be impeccable." We just couldn't stand it anymdore. We also noticed that they seemed to get sick a lot after going out to eat so I guess they were being paid back but were too dumb to realize it!

Comment

You did the right thing, and you did it the right way. There are lots of other jobs out there and I am sure you will find another one in no time. Good luck Katey.

------------------
                    [email protected]

Comment

We are here for you Kateykakes; keep smiling

Comment

(((((((((Eye))))))))) Thank you. I've missed ya! Haven't seen you around much. Hope things are good for you and your family. Yell sometime.

Comment

Far be it from me to say anything about waitressing but, don't worry, you're better off not to have to put up with such nonsense. There are other jobs & other restaurants out there. Good luck!

Comment

Good for you Katey! I'm sure once she has enough turnover, it will reflect on her and then her job will be in jeopardy.

There is no need to take abuse from an employer like that no matter what the job.

Comment

Tuesday's are pay day at the diner. I went in for my check today and to hand in my apron. All the girls working came over and gave me a big hug, said they missed me.

My former boss came out asked me if I was ok. I said, "I'm fine, thank you". She handed me my check, I thanked her and then she said, "Katey, if you want to come back to work here, you can at any time. The job is still yours". I politely thanked her and told her I didn't think that would be a wise decision. I then wished her well with the diner and walked out the door for the last time. Not ever going back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2986 users online. 156 members and 2830 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X