Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, you knew it had to happen one day....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you knew it had to happen one day....

When I think of equality between the sexes--this is not what I'd hoped to see women doing. The story is as interesting, though, as it is disturbing.

July 8 2001 BRITAIN

Police hunt woman serial paedophile

Edin Hamzic

POLICE are hunting a female paedophile whom they suspect of committing more than 60 offences over the past 10 years. The woman, described by the police as in her early forties, is believed to have sexually assaulted dozens of children, most of them younger than four years old.

Detective Constable Peter Barratt, of Nottinghamshire police, who is leading the hunt, believes the first attack was in Scotland in 1992. Since then, there have been reports from around Britain and the Irish republic. "We are not certain it is the same person but the tactics are very similar. Since the first reported case in 1992 we have found a sporadic pattern of attacks throughout the country," said Barratt. "She is well turned out and polite, between 5ft and 5ft 2in in height and almost always poses as a social worker. On occasions, she is accompanied by a male, posing as a doctor."

Police believe the woman chooses her victims by visiting health clinics or by talking to mothers in playgrounds. She then approaches a mother, addressing her by name and usually knows the child's name. She claims that she is a social worker investigating reports of parental abuse and asks to inspect the children. "We know that she has been successful on a number of occasions and parents only realised what was happening when the examinations became very strange," said Barratt.

Only last month the suspect is believed to have struck - unsuccessfully - in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. On June 25 a woman fitting the description knocked on the door of Sharon Gibbons, claiming to be investigating a child abuse report. "She looked official as she stood there in a blue blazer, red skirt with black shoes and tights. She was holding a black briefcase and had a handbag slung over her shoulder," said Gibbons, who is the mother of a five-year-old girl and three-year-old triplets.

"She told me they had had a report that I was neglecting and abusing my children. She asked to come into the house but I would not let her in because my partner wasn't here." The woman asked Gibbons to lift the T-shirt of one of the children, but when she refused, the woman walked to her small blue car, possibly a Metro or Ford Fiesta, and drove off.

"I would not let her near the children. She said 'fair enough' and smirked and went away," said Gibbons.

Last night the police appealed for help in tracking down the woman and asked anyone with information to contact Nottinghamshire police on 01623 483 062.
    http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/p...enws01025.html

I think there are more women pedophiles out there then we know.

Comment

...and they should suffer the same horrible fates that their male counterparts deserve.

Comment

goodside,
        Truer words have never been spoken!

When I read this bit:
        "I would not let her near the children. She said 'fair enough' and smirked and went away," said Gibbons."
        ...it reminded me of that saying--"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
        They'll find her, and when they do--I hope they destroy any glimmer of hope she may have for a peaceful future.

Comment

Are there no more pathetic people then those who attack little children?

------------------
          We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
          "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4123 users online. 215 members and 3908 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X