This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Stunting

Anybody dealt with motorcycle stunting yet? I've been seeing lots of riders on sport bikes doing wheelies and stoppies on local roads. I looked around on the internet after seeing a newspaper article about the new hobby and found we have a bunch of riders in the bay area who are into this sport/hobby/illegal activity. I told myself it was a matter of time before one became an organ donor. Unfortunately my prediction came true yesterday:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/4428884.htm

Thank goodness he didn't take anybody with him.
    If you see me running try to keep up!

My eight year old could have given him some pointers for motocross racing stunts. People dig their own graves. It's hard to feel sorry for em, but unfortunately I do.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Leeroy,

I was wondering what was up with dudes doing wheelies on the freeway, going 80 with traffic around them.

I just read the article, that is exactly where I saw someone doing that, it was a couple months ago. Maybe it was the same stupid fool !!!

[ 11-02-2002, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Fastie ]
      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Yeah its a quirky little sport. Look up motorcycle stunting in any search engine and you'll find a few pages dedicated to this hobby. I'm being a little tough on sport bike riders who's bikes fit this profile.
        If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Its amazing the ways that people come up with to become organ donors.
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Can I get an "OOOUUCCHH!"

Pax
            American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Can I get an "OOOUUCCHH! [Eek!] [Eek!] "

WHAT was he thinking???

Pax
              American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

This just proves my feeling that "natural selection" WILL find a way!

I have NO sympathy for gross stupidity.

OBTW, there is nothing new about this. The kids were doing it on their dirt bikes LOOOOONNNNG before the "crotch rockets" ever came out.

We had a little high school sweetie who used to do wheelies on her off road bike, right down the main street of one town that I lived in. To make it even more interesting, she was usually wearing a string bikini when she would do it.

Then she'd run from me. No problem, she found me talking to her dad when she got home. Citations, loss of bike for a time etc etc etc. Didn't do any good every time she'd get on the bike, she'd do it again, just to spite everybody.

She finally killed herself. Oh well.
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

check out this website for more information:

http://www.sbfreaks.com

I think this group is based in the Livermore, Pleasanton area ...

I had friends who used to do it, but they graduated, and now they're actually racing on circuits and trying to get in to AMA racing ... they don't do it on the street anymore ...
                  I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Here is a nice movie clip of some idiots practicing their wipe-outs... CLICK HERE FOR THE MOVIE.

If you want to see some of the other movies on the site, THEN CLICK HERE!
                    <a href="http://www.10-7.com" target="_blank">10-7.com</a>...."It's like a donut shop on the internet"
                    <a href="http://www.10-7.com/forum/" target="_blank">10-7.com Public Safety Forum</a>

Comment

I'm noticing that in many of these stunting injurie stories that light poles are having a significant part in eliminating the problem.

Maybe we should make all light poles honary officers? Plant a few thousand more of them and maybe we can eliminate this sport all together.
                      [email protected]
                      ---------------------------

It's better to die happy..........than just die

May Tyr watch over and guide my hand each day.........to do the right thing

Comment

Damn!!!! DId you's see the Bike Chiks on that page???? Here's the best one IMO: www.maviadawn.com

Comment

there are a bunch of videos here...
                          http://www.sportsbikerider.com/video.php

we have them all over the place here. they are quite the "evading arrest" crowd. if one stops you are real lucky. it's not unusual to clock them at 150+.

we had one who used to ride around without a tail light. he'd find a cop then run when they turned around on him. a lot of the sport bikes here have a manual switch that turns off the rear tail lights.

the only way to catch them is to let them do it enough until you find out who they are, then the next time they run you just go sit in front of their house and wait for them to return home.

Comment

We've got quite a few wanna-bes around here. They're always good for a ticket, or 2 or 3. Good for a laugh too. Unlike some folks, I don't feel sorry for them when they leave skin on the highway or we have to scoop 'em up and wash down the road. They made the choice and they can live --or die with it.

Stunts belong on a track or other controlled environments, not in public where you can hurt others. They make it hard on the rest of us who ride.
                            "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

Personally, I have no problem with the rider getting a terminal case of roadrash, long as no innocent bystanders are hit.

I see it as job security for the FD and PD. Keeps those paramagics and road cleanup guys busy and of course keeping us gainfully employed. Plus, it helps the economey. Now the bike manufacture can build one more bike. The funeral company is getting business, etc, etc. [Wink]
                              [email protected]
                              ---------------------------

It's better to die happy..........than just die

May Tyr watch over and guide my hand each day.........to do the right thing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7003 users online. 351 members and 6652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X