300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried, Mitzi, I really tried...

I offered my hand to a cat today and he came to me. He was so sweet and affectionate, sat in my lap and let me pet him. I didn't have one thought of Kitty Parmagian, Cat Chowder or even grilled kitten. It was a true bonding moment.

But, now, looking back at it, he was a ruthless, cold blooded KILLER! He had the heart of an assasin and the mind of a guerilla. He knew about my allergies, but lulled me into a false sense of security, feeling like it was the right thing to do to actually try to love a cat. Now here I am, sneezing, with the right side of my face swollen up and barely able to see out of one eye. All because I'm a helluva nice guy!

------------------
    FLLawdog
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Never pet a cat if you are allergic and not near an air purifier, FLD! lol I'm sorry you are having such a tough time.....If you get allergy shots, you can own a sweet kitty! lol Take your Benadryl and let us know how you are!

Comment

Or he can wait for the hairless cats!!

Comment

Sorry Mitzi, but no one owns a cat. When a cat moves in, the humans become the subjects.

FL, that sucks. I love cats, and would be in misery if I was allergic to them. But hey, scientists are working on a hypoalergenic (sp?) cat, just for people like you. Ain't progress grand?

Comment

FLLawdog,
          As I read your posting, a chill ran up my spine. Bloody cats!!!!!

------------------
          We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
          "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

Fl,

I know exactly what you're going through because I too am extremely allergic to my cat. I don't get shots or take Benadryl. I just suffer through it.

After I pet him, I run right for the sink and wash my hands as fast as I can. Usually doesn't do any good. By then he's got me itching, sneezing, coughing and in hives. And after all that, I still love my cat dearly! Wouldn't trade him for anything!

------------------
            "There's no place like home."

Comment

Kateykakes is a TRUE cat lover! I ust had allergy tests and found out I am not allergic to my cats and dogs. But, it wouldn't have mattered if I was. I would have kept my animals. And Capt_Stern is right.....Cats own people, not the other way around. Today, I yelled at Bubba to get away from the door cause he tries to open it. This cat knows his name and he knows when he is in trouble. Anyway, he turned around and gave me the dirtiest look.....then slunk away. Now, he won't come near me for a few days! lol

Comment

CPT. Stern and I agree on something!!

call an ambulance, I think I am stroking out!!!

-Sparky

Comment

It's ok Sparky. I'm sure no one will hold it against you.

much...

heh

Comment

It's the cat dander that people are allergic to. Some think it's the hair. Give the cat a bath to control this some.
                    Gently hold the cat until you get to the bathroom. Lift the lid on the toilet, drop cat in the toilet, slam down the lid and sit on it. Flush 5 or 6 times.
                    Mitzi, Just kidding. I love cats and so do my doxies.

Comment

Don't give them any ideas, Jean! They are bad enough as it is! lol! C'mon, FLAWDOG!....You are a big bad cop....Suck it up and put up with not being able to see for awhile and get a cat! lol!'

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 07-07-2001).]

Comment

FLLD!

I feel for you. Have the same problems. Let's face it guy, we may not have any STD, but we have CTD (Cat Transmitted Discomfort!)

------------------
                        I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

The only good cat is a dead cat!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck, we had a cat one time, thing was so stupid I had to catch the mice for it!!!! They stink, are self indulgent and aint worth a hoot in protecting your property.

Long live the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the concern, everyone. I feel much better now! I'll just have to set myself up a cat survival kit now...Visine, Benedryl and Nair!

------------------
                            FLLawdog
                            "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

I have never had a cat that stunk! Now, my dog.....she's getting a bath in a few minutes cause she stinks to high heaven!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 302 members and 4975 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X