300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One tough bad guy

Not that a roving gun battle is big news but check out the number of times this guy was hit and he still went down fighting once they caught him and fought the trauma Doctors. He is still alive this morning and probably going to make it.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...512692886.html

That's unbelievable DR. Sounds like that guy may have been strung out on something to be shot at least 20 times and continued to put up a fight.

We had an OIS about 4 years ago when the suspect was shot 6 times and lived to tell about it. And to think I thought that was outrageous.
    Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

A seven time convicted felon? No wonder they call it the 'criminal justice' system.

Comment

He bragged about never being taken alive and almost got his wish. It would be ironic if he lived to stand trial and got life but I know that will never happen either.

Comment

If I ever have to shoot at someone, I hope it's just like that incident. Then me and 13 of my buddies can take a 2 week Administrative Vacation and there's no question as to whether it was a clean shoot or not.

But seriously, that is an amazing story. I wonder what he was hyped up on. I'm glad that none of the Good Guys were hurt.

Comment

Maybe if they let us go back to the old military triple tap...two in the chest, one in the head, this guy would have been stopped much sooner. Oh wait, that is an officious act that would create bad publicity. We can't offend criminals now; better we take the bullet ourselves.

Comment

DR you dont have to answer this question if you dont want to get into specifics about it, I understand if you cant.

What type of weaponry were these officers using? I'm sure they knew this guy was armed and dangerous, they were doing surveillance and knew there was a likely chance they were gonna be making contact, did they go in with the heavy stuff or just the issued sidearms?

Comment

Sounds like SOMEBODY forgot to watch their FRONT SIGHTS!
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

My question exactly SpecOpsWarrior. I wish I knew what type of firearms and ammo was being used.

It's amazing how sometimes one shot is all it takes and other times 20 will not do the job.
                  <a href="http://www.indiancreeksupplies.com" target="_blank">Indian Creek Hunting Supplies</a>
                  <a href="http://www.thearmedcitizen.net/forums/index.php" target="_blank">The Armed Citizen Forum (Separate forum provided for LE)</a>

Comment

Don't you hate it when the POS bad guy just won't die no matter how many times you plug'em.
                    Don't Fight Fair!
                    Fight To Win!

Comment

Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:

What type of weaponry were these officers using?
                      Our repeat offender folks get optional weapons but I don't know who was using what. I do know at least one AR was fired at one point. They wouldn't have had that at first because it was close quarters. I don't know about all of you, but when I was in patrol the 12g came out at the first sign of gun play so just by shear numbers there had to be a few of those as well.

As we all know though, it's shot placement more than cal. that takes em down. You would have still thought one of them would have hit something that owuld have brought him done just by luck. Oh well, such is life.

Comment

From what I read, it sounded like he may have been in the car during both engagements. Safety glass and bodywork do funny things to bullet trajectory.

DR, it would be great if you could keep us posted on such things.

The good news: No injured or dead cops!!
                        "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

Unsubstantiated rumor tonight was they took a leg from bad guy.

Comment

A running gun battle is never a smooth running thing.

I guess next time he'll be in a "hopping" gun battle.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
                            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat:

I don't know about all of you, but when I was in patrol the 12g came out at the first sign of gun play so just by shear numbers there had to be a few of those as well.
                              I'm with you on that one DR, I to am a shotgun freak, I keep mine loaded with 00 for those extra special occasions, and I got 5 slugs on the side saddle just waiting to be used!

Regardless of who hit who, with what ever weapon, I am just glad none of ours were lost!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 280 members and 4470 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X