300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiotic transportation supervisor...rant

Yesterday, my AO was hit with flash floods. To date, there have been 2 fatalities in my county. Yesterday AM, school was cancelled at 0930 due to 'high water and excessive rain with the possibility of flooding'...NO DUH! Gee...I wonder if the city park being TOTALLY submerged was a CLUE to this guy?!?!?

ANYway, I was in dispatch during a court recess(around 1030) and caught an accident involving a friend's daughter. So, I call her and ask if she wants me to run out to the ER until she can get there. While there, a school bus driver is present, also checking on an accident victim, and relates to me how the school transportation supervisor ORDERED her to take her bus through 'high water' to complete her route! It was this SAME location, where 30 minutes later, a fatality occured.

Only in backwoods Tennessee.....

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Well, if something bad had happeend, wouldn't that dumb supervisor be in trouble? I bet if HIS kid had been on that bus, he wouldn't have ordered her to risk her life and all the kids on the bus's lives!

Comment

Shooter, from erading your other posts as well... if I had a child in that school district, I'd yank them out. It is because of schools like that, that home schooling has become so popular.
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Shooter, not only do I agree with Raych on this, I would suggest you might think about moving to "the real world." I'm only half kidding when I say this.

I do think from what you have posted, you need to do something there.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

It's no better in the adjoining county, where a few weeks ago, the junior high school received a 'bomb threat'. The principal(I know the guy) decided NOT to evacuate the school because he KNEW it was a 'hoax'....
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5308 users online. 326 members and 4982 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X