Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest you ever went without....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the longest you ever went without....

...SLEEP? [Wink]

51 hours is my personal record. During those 51 hours, I did a full day at school, drove to Ft. Lauderdale, participated in a Combat Shoot and Explosives demo class, and went bar hopping with guys from my unit.

[ 12-16-2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

36 hours. I know, I am a pantywaist.
    When you see what is right, have the courage to do it. - Chinese proverb.

Comment

recently?

well, I remember a string of shifts back in the fall, I *worked* 36 out of 48 hours and got a 2 hour nap somewhere in there... (remembering the almost-an-hour commute and farm chores fit in there somewhere)

I don't think i've gone longer than 36 though... I need sleep to function.

Comment

I'd have to say about 48 hours.

Comment

Some where between 48 and 72 hrs...it was pretty brutal.
          Basher One
          Semper Fi/Stay Safe

Comment

I've done three and a half days during the Camp Hill Prison Riot, but I was MUCH younger then.
            Actually, I'm currently up 37 hours straight.
            Lots of things happening...

Comment

I think it was around 36 hours.

Comment

I think the longest I went was about forty hours. Of course, there have been any number of times where I've worked the graveyard shift, spent all day in court, got a couple of hours sleep, and then went back to work. After several days of this, I don't think that it was really safe for me to work.

I recall reading that prolonged sleep deprivation can result in permanent changes in the brain. There was one case where a disc jockey broadcast for several days without sleeping as part of a fund raising campaign. He was never the same afterwards.

I sometimes wonder if the long term poor sleeping habits of public safety personnel contribute to mental health problems.

[ 12-15-2002, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Underdog ]

Comment

40 hours, during and after my sons last brain surgery. I think it DID do something to me. My H can sleep quite well but I'm lucky to get 5 or 6 hours a night. I'm having panic attacks and am back in therapy and going on meds.
                  The drs think it's the stress of these last 12 years and they think I have Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, which can cause chemical imbalances in the brain. But those 40 hours...whew! They sure didn't help!

[ 12-16-2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

I'd say about 36 hours. I was not a happy Piper.

Comment

50 hours...slept for 2 hours and did another 20 hours.

It sucks waiting for your 4th wind to come along. [Frown]

Comment

Two months, 3 days, 4 hours, and counti...

wait, you said SLEEP? Somewhere around 36 hours.

Alex

Comment

26 hours

After that I just sleep with my eyes open and pretend I'm awake.
                          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by InSane1:
                            26 hours

Same for me, Insane. i may not have the record for going without sleep, but i betcha i can beat y'alls record for going without something else [Wink]

[ 12-16-2002, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

12 hours, boy was I bushed.
                              "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 314 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X