Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest speed reached in a Patrol unit?

Ok,since I have been called a liar in the Ugliest Old Car thread,lets hear how fast other officers have went in Patrol units.Lets have the Speed of the unit,Make and Model of the unit.

I have been told the fast speed achieved in a Crown Vic was 135 in 1996.I have went faster in several different CVs topping at 140 which is where the engine cuts off,or what ever you want to call it.I was also informed that fastest speed obtained from a LT1 Caprice was 136 mPH.I have been faster in a 1996 LT1 at over 150 MPH.Of course i was also informed that Nascar race cars top out at 170 MPH.

So lets hear it.I would also very much like to read the fastest speeds obtained in a patrol unit,from the subjects that called me a liar!!
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Before or after it went over the cliff?
    Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
      I have been told the fast speed achieved in a Crown Vic was 135 in 1996.I have went faster in several different CVs topping at 140 which is where the engine cuts off,or what ever you want to call it.
      The engine doesn't cut-off, it just won't go any faster. And, as I mentioned in the other thread, either your CV speedometer was way off, or you're....I'll be kind this time....embellishing again.

I was also informed that fastest speed obtained from a LT1 Caprice was 136 mPH.
      Go back and try reading for comprehension. I said 141mph at the 1994 Michigan State Police trials.

I have been faster in a 1996 LT1 at over 150 MPH.
      And, once again, I'm calling bull****. No way.

Of course i was also informed that Nascar race cars top out at 170 MPH.
      Once again, you have a reading comprehension problem. What I said was that the Shelby 427 Cobra, with a 427ci big-block racing engine that puts the LT-1 to shame, pushing not even 3,000lbs, topped out at 170mph.

Now, from the grammatical nightmares that you've posted, I know for certain that English isn't your strong point, so perhaps math is. Compare the figures;

Shelby 427 SC Cobra;

Engine - 427ci big-block 490hp

Weight - <3,000lbs

1996 Chevrolet Caprice LT-1;

Engine - 350ci small-block 260hp

Weight - 4,400lbs

Now, kick off your shoes, and do the math. Do you honestly think that a car with almost double the horsepower, from a racing-bred engine, can only manage 15 more mph on the top end than a 4-door billboard with almost half the horsepower? Seriously........

So lets hear it.I would also very much like to read the fastest speeds obtained in a patrol unit,from the subjects that called me a liar!!
      I once went 189mph in a 1987 Crown Vic with the 5.0 motor, but I had installed the most awesome hyperchip ever!!!!!!

In all seriousness, about 125mph in (I think) a 1997 CV. It wasn't going to go any faster.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Ford bronco-105mph
        Jeep Cherokee-125mph. corners pretty well and gr8 turning radius
        1998 ford crown vic (no governor)-142mph going down hill
        1994 chevrolet caprice-145 mph
        1997 camaro-155mph- governed 167mph
        1989 caprice with 110,00 miles- 115mph

Comment

didnt they stop the lt1 in 1994,,,,,

03 crown without a lightbar,, got 136 barely, and that was it

Comment

1994 was the best year because of no governor.

1996 was the last year.

Comment

okay, maybe thats why it stuck out at me. i know a trpr who said around 150 in his 94 lt1.

Comment

1987 Jeep Wrangler Supercharged 383 135...and still had last gear
                1984 Chevy truck 400SB 130ish
                "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

One of my old cruisers was a 1983 unmarked impala. The speedometer pegged out at 120 and I was way past that, my best guess was around 140.
                  Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                  Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                  If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

i heard the bat mobile will **** and git,, around 250 i think,,,

Comment

I would love to get behind a Viper with the twin turbo setup.
                      Sweet specs:

http://www.fast-autos.net/svs/svsstryker.html
                      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

125 in a CVI. A County guy was blocking an intersection for me and caught me on radar . I think the wheels were about to fall off on that POS and it never smelled right after that.
                        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                          125 in a CVI. A County guy was blocking an intersection for me and caught me on radar . I think the wheels were about to fall off on that POS and it never smelled right after that.
                          lucky you didnt loose the aframe in it,,,

Comment

And here I thougth my 110mph chasing down two crotch rockets was fast....lol.

Comment

I will not go into why, or how, merely that I got a 1996 LT1 Caprice up to 120, and it sounded like it was going to explode. This was on a straight away on a bridge, and backed down to 100 MPH. The deputy behind me flew past, I have no idea how fast, in a CVPI.

While nice, 10 year old LT1s don't like going that fast.
                              N. A. Corbier
                              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3565 users online. 233 members and 3332 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X