300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit PD?

Is Detroit really as insane as the media makes it out to be? Do DPD officers see alot of the extreme craziness and have it worse off then almost any other PD in america? What is a typical day for your average LEO in Detroit? Is it true that the LEOs of detroit are some of the least supported in the country (outside of NO of course)

Just curious about the city's LE in general...
    "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

They just laid off 600 officers... that tell you anything?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
      Then went out and spent Grant money on a new "Assault vehicle"

How many experienced officers could they have kept instead?
      "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
      09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Operator13

Hell, if they had gotten it for free, would make sense... as now being 600 officers short, I think common sense that things would only get rougher and worse on the streets in lieu of getting better!!! LoL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
          Wait a minute??? Didn't Detroit just do a huge recruitment just a few years ago???

Man am I glad I don't work over there.
          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Mayor's Math.....600 Police Officers = 1 Robocop. He saw the movie..It has to work

Comment

They ended up not laying off 600, but more like 150.

The armored vehicle is still a stupid idea because the county has one they are willing to lend to the department, and they can't need one that often. The city needs to rebuild its Precincts. They quit using the gun range in one two years ago because the bullets were going thru the backstop and out into the street.

The mayor wants to recondition the train station as police headquarters. The building is going to take a fortune to fix because it has been empty for 30 years and all the plumbing and electrical ripped out by scavangers.
              Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

I have friends who work for the DPD and they say it is a jungle there with shootings, stabbings, and ar's every single night. They also say they just layed off appr 150 and there will still be more to come dating back to when people hired on in 2001. The big 3 automakers are moving out so this causes a poor society in Detroit and Flint, MI

Comment

According to Policepay.net , Detroit has 3645 officers = 1 sworn per 250 citizens.

Assuming this isn't out of date..even if they do lay off 150-600 officers..they still have around 1 sworn per 275-300 citizens.
                  Last edited by Brav989; 10-10-2005, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brav989
                    According to Policepay.net , Detroit has 3645 officers = 1 sworn per 250 citizens.

Assuming this isn't out of date..even if they do lay off 150-600 officers..they still have around 1 sworn per 275-300 citizens.
                    Even if that is true we're not talking 275 productive law abidding citizens. No way I'd be working in Detroit.

Comment

Detroit PD

Nothing but bad news from Detroit. State of Michigan is set to take over city finances. Command staff riddled with incompetence, and a don't care attitude about the cop on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Operator13

I heard that the grant money had a clause. They could only spend it on recruiting new officers or on equipment. I might be wrong though.
                        "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                        -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

One of the officers that i work with told me that when DPD officers get on shift, they have 65 calls already waiting for them from the previous shift, so they arlready start out behind schedule. I had a friend that was in the DPD academy, last march (i believe), and they said that the class had to be cancelled because the city ran out of money for the program. The DPD is in some major toruble right now, i feel bad for all the officers that have been layed off.

Comment

seems to me...if ya did not pay yer tax's onyer home , they'd be
                            quick to sell it off for tax's in everypart of the country.

but i guess with waste and mismanagement, if ya had a tree that grew
                            money, it would not be enough. and all the social problems.....

maybe they should build a berlin wall and let the inhabitants fend for
                            themselves

www.schackdaddy.com
                            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3499 users online. 213 members and 3286 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X