Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All time favorite Christmas 'movie/special'?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All time favorite Christmas 'movie/special'?

Call me 'sentimental', but....mine has to be 'Charlie Brown's Christmas'. Later, there was a TV movie starring Charles Bronson, titled 'Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus'....I think??? He did shortly after his wife's death. I imagine it was extrememly difficult for him to make. It was SUPERB, but for SOME reason, it has never been reaired.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Hands down, "It's a Wonderful Life". Can't touch it!!
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

That is tough, to pick a single one. i have a few i watch over and over...Charlie Brown being one of them. i also love the old, old version of "A Christmas Carol," and the one where the kid wants the gun...i cant remember the name but i've seen it about 10 times lol. ("A Christmas Story" maybe?) and of course i love "It's a Wonderful Life."
      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" is my absolute favorite too!! (I missed it's airing this past Saturday ) My father and I watched that faithfully every single year. We also watched "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and I always rent "The Wizard of Oz" around this time of year. Eventhough my dad passed a few years ago, I still try to catch these shows when they are being aired on TV. It's not as much fun though watching them by myself . I always thought it was the funniest thing to see my dad so into these programs, most of them animated, at 50+ years old! Goes to show we all have a bit of "kid" still in us!

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Summer Rain ]

Comment

"A Christmas Story" and the remake of Miracle on 34th Street.

Comment

We love "The Christmas Story". Darren Mcgavin wsa absolutely priceless in it. My husband loves the part where the wife "accidentally" breaks the lamp he won. It's in the shape pf a womans leg with fishnet stocking. He puts it right in the front window. A few days later, his wife accidentally "breaks" it while watering the plants. He comes running horrified and tries to fix it. She is in the background trying not to smirk and she doesn't when he looks at her but does when he isn't looking at her. It is so funny.

Comment

#1 A Christams Story-I was that kid!

#2 Christmas Vacation I’ve seen it over 50 times, and STILL laugh until I’m making no sound when Chevy goes berserk and kung-fu’s the reindeer, and then at the end when he throws the tantrum (“HOLY SH**-Hallaleuah!- Where’s the Tylenol?&#8221 And the babe at the underwear counter-hoooooah!

#3 Lethal Weapon-I can't explain it-it just warms the heart. Nothing like a Beretta 92F and "Jingle Bell Rock" to put me in the Yuletide spirit!

#4 Scrooged-I laugh and I cry every time I watch it. Bill Murray is our John Cleese.

#5 Jingle All The Way (only seen it twice, but funny)

I do also like the classics like A Charlie Brown Christmas
              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I was on the PD when Lethal Weapon came out. Can't tell you how many officers were walking around the station whisteling Jingle Bell Rock.

Don't forget Die Hard

I'ts a Bundyful Life....Christina Applegate makes me in the spirit!

Christmas Vacation is also high on my list.

Never seen It's a Wonderful Life. I am going to watch it this year.
                "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:
                  [QBAnd the babe at the underwear counter-hoooooah!

[/QB]
                  I have never been one to get excited about movie babes, but, that one has a look doesn't she. {shuttering all over just from the visual} Thanks man

Comment

My all time fave is "It's a Wonderful Life", followed by Charlie Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:

#2 Christmas Vacation I?ve seen it over 50 times, and STILL laugh ..
                      i forgot about that movie! for xmas laughs that is number one.
                      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

"It's a Wonderful Life" hands down! I must say that I am a bit disapointed in those of you that answered differently
                        "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

I'll have to go with Sgt. Dave's #2 choice, Christmas Vacation. Don't remember how many times I have seen it, and I still find something new to laugh at every time I watch it. Just about time to rent it for this year and see what new things I can find!
                          "Why is it that our children cannot read the Bible in school, yet they can in prison?"

Comment

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer which reminds me of a joke!

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.

Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should've known. Only women would be able to drag a fat-*** man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

It must be a Canadian thing...

We wouldn't understand.
                              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 320 members and 4302 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X