Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy O' boy. OC is somethin' else, man.

Yesterday, we had a 3 hour class on OC spray in our mini-academy before we start the FTO program. I wasn't too nervous at all. To be honest, I always felt that maybe some people just babied themselves a little more. I mean I heard stories of where some people would start claiming that they can't breathe, and they'd have to call the medics out to calm them down. Well, I no longer think that. WHOOO !! That burn is somethin' else. I got it pretty good in both my eyes and my mouth. So yes, it did make it very hard for me to breathe. I didn't need medical attention, though. I still think some people go overboard with the dramatics, but that's some powerful stuff.

I do have a question, though. When it was making it hard for me to breathe, I noticed that myself and many others couldn't stop burping for awhile. What exactly is causing that to happen?

People's bodies react very differently to OC. The spray causes some to vomit, others to belch, and a few to hyperventilate or even pass out in extreme cases. Still others have little or no reaction at all. As you are exposed to it more often, you will build up a greater tolerance to it. Thus, be careful who you use it on- some criminals might just sluff it off like it's nothing. Others will curl up and start bawling like little girls. Have Fun!

Comment

Yeah that stuff is nasty!! It burned pretty bad, but I didnt think it was bad until afterwards, when I started to put the hose on my face, I thought the water would help, but it made it worse!!! I didnt have any breathing problems, nor did I vomit or belch. Thats actually the first time I heard of that. I was thinking, 'this isnt so bad', then I put the water on my face to rinse off!!!!!
      "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

How do the side affects of that stuff compare to CS gas? I got my fair share of that stuff in the Army it certainly can be unpleasant to say the least?
        "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

I've had both

Originally posted by Grizzly
          How do the side affects of that stuff compare to CS gas? I got my fair share of that stuff in the Army it certainly can be unpleasant to say the least?
          CS is worse. Pepper spray is great stuff though. It's never failed me. I only wish I could carry it in larger containers, maybe dual tanks strapped to my back like a flame thrower. That would be cool.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Grizzly...I had the opportunity to get a dose of both. The CS gas burned my lungs and made it hard to breathe. Also made my eyes water and my nose run. However, once you get out of it, in the fresh air, its not bad. Within minutes I felt fine. The OC though was a different story. It burned and made my eyes water and nose run, but it lasts longer!! I didnt have any breathing problems with it either. I used a lot of water and air, but my face still burned for a few hours. It took a good 3 days before my eyes were back to normal though. That night they crusted shut and when I put a warm cloth on them, I had about a gallon of tears! The next day I would open my eyes for a few secs then close them. It was uncomfortable, but you get over it. Liek someone said above, everyone reacts different.
            "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

I got a whole mouth full of cs/oc that we carried when I got certified to carry... Gave me breathing problems. Had to keep gasping for about 5 minutes as it simply just took my breath away....

Good stuff, made me a believer
              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

CS or CN is an eyewash compared to OC. Hell in a can, that's all I can say!
                Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Yeah hurts like a bitch. I wish somebody would have warned me about taking a shower later though. First of all the water reactivated it and second the gravity took it downstairs to the good ol' boys. Yeah, that hurt.
                  It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                    Yeah hurts like a bitch. I wish somebody would have warned me about taking a shower later though. First of all the water reactivated it and second the gravity took it downstairs to the good ol' boys. Yeah, that hurt.

Your making me cry thinking about it,

Actually, I didn't think it was that bad now I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                      I agree!!!!

We did the CS chamber and just before my turn the instructor ordered another pellet, DOH!!! It sucked bigtime, but once I was out in the fresh air the effects were gone in less than 5 mintues.

OC was WAY worse!!!!

Comment

agreed. trained twice on it unfortunately. the first time, a full spray across the face, the second time Qtip with OC on corner of the eye.... no difference really, both times HURT....
                        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                        -- John Wayne

Comment

I call it "Liquid Karate".
                          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Got to agree with ya, Keith.

Been through CN and CS many times. Been hit with OC four times. None were "pleasant" experiences, but CN/CS ain't squat compared to the OC.

A friend of mine likes to spray OC on his nachos (with jalapenos, of course), then chow down on 'em. Makes him phart for about three days afterwards. Guy has to have a cast iron stomach.

Also had the opportunity to deploy OC a couple of times. Works great.
                            "Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                            "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

[QUOTE=cajunguy]

A friend of mine likes to spray OC on his nachos (with jalapenos, of course), then chow down on 'em. Makes him phart for about three days afterwards. Guy has to have a cast iron stomach.

[QUOTE]

YOUR FRIEND IS F'in CRAZY.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3871 users online. 250 members and 3621 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X