Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio systems/Dispatch by nextel question...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio systems/Dispatch by nextel question...

Any officers departments out there use Nextel for sole dispatch puposes? No other radios JUST nextel???

Daver
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell (1903 - 1950)
    ~Esse Quam Vidiri~

As much as my personal Nextel cuts in/out - i sure hope nobody uses just that..

Comment

We have them and unfortunantly our dispatchers have a bad habit of doing that!!It annoys the crap out of us!!
      FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
        We have them and unfortunantly our dispatchers have a bad habit of doing that!!It annoys the crap out of us!!
        We aren't allowed to talk to our Troopers via Nextel OR make/receive cell calls to them from our personal cellular phones.
        The line is it's a "documentaion issue".
        "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
        09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

If they used Nextel for dispatching calls here we would be very quiet!
          Service sux!

Comment

Ive had NEXTEL for about 4 years now. When I first got it, they were the best. Their customer service was top of the line, and their service was good. Now, four years later, they have lost it all. Their service should have improved with the addition of towers and all. THey are one of the highest charging providers, and they have to be the worst in service, both celular and customer.

I called to complain about their bad rception the other. The operator told me that where I live I can expect poorer service inside a building as opposed to being in a car or outside. I asked her then if I needed to make a call at my house if I need to stand outside or in the road. She did not appreciate my sarcasm and recomended I stand by the window. Apparently, the wireless still means you have to hold still.....

Anybody know of a better provider?

Comment

If it wasn't for the direct connect and free incoming I'd have dumped Nextel a long time ago.
              In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Maybe theres hope now that Sprint and Nextel have joined.

Comment

We get pretty good service with ours.There are a few areas they do not work at,but they are very remote areas of the county.All of our Deputies,County Constables,Troopers,PD officers,County Judges and of course the Sheriff and Chief Deputy are supplied with them.
                  FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

The main drawback of dispatching with Nextel would be the inability to transmit to more than one person at a time. If I was in the **** and called for help, I'd want more than one person to hear it, and I also wouldn't want to get "User not available".
                    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                      The main drawback of dispatching with Nextel would be the inability to transmit to more than one person at a time. If I was in the **** and called for help, I'd want more than one person to hear it, and I also wouldn't want to get "User not available".
                      That's why they have Group Connect now. But if someone is in Private with another user (sounds naughty), I doubt they'd hear the group transmission.

I'd say the obvious answer is to just stick to radios. Keep Farva in the job.
                      Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                      Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Originally posted by lppd50
                        Ive had NEXTEL for about 4 years now. When I first got it, they were the best. Their customer service was top of the line, and their service was good. Now, four years later, they have lost it all. Their service should have improved with the addition of towers and all. THey are one of the highest charging providers, and they have to be the worst in service, both celular and customer.

I called to complain about their bad rception the other. The operator told me that where I live I can expect poorer service inside a building as opposed to being in a car or outside. I asked her then if I needed to make a call at my house if I need to stand outside or in the road. She did not appreciate my sarcasm and recomended I stand by the window. Apparently, the wireless still means you have to hold still.....

Anybody know of a better provider?
                        Why not go with Verizon??? Not sure how the coverage is in your area, but they offer all the same plans, promotions as Nextel. They even have a faster push to talk service.

Comment

Originally posted by kpd932
                          Maybe theres hope now that Sprint and Nextel have joined.
                          lmao no sprint sucks very bad

Comment

Nextel in known as "notell" in my parts. Sevice sucks. If the direct connect feature on Verizon was compatable with Nextel I would switch. I don't think it would be very bright to be dispatched by nextel, gotta have the recorded freq.

Comment

Originally posted by sledhead84
                              Why not go with Verizon??? Not sure how the coverage is in your area, but they offer all the same plans, promotions as Nextel. They even have a faster push to talk service.
                              HA! I have Verizon PTT, and by NO MEANS is it faster than Nextel....it's so unreliable I hardly use it...which sucks since I'm paying for it....and this is in the northern virginia, metro DC area!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 271 members and 4110 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X