300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Snowfall-First T/As Coming in,

It's been snowing lightly here in Tulsa for the past twenty minutes...and sure enough, within the first 10 minutes you could begin to hear the LEO and EMT responding all over the city

Snow? Bad weather? Dark?

Jim Burnes

Snow, sleet, freezing rain.....YUCK.

No one, absolutely no one in Texas knows how to drive or behave when it comes to freezing weather.

Spring cannot come fast enough for me.
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I wish it would get a litl colder. It's been in the 80's for days. Suposed to get a little cooler, like 65 for a high, but it doesn't seem like Christmas yet.

Comment

SNOW!!!!!!! It's about time it started to look like late November here - it's been unseasonably warm, but now we have SNOW!

It's been snowing here in OKC for a few hours now. I LOVE cold weather, and yes, I've been told how crazy I am! However, I'm sure the roads will get icy tonight, so the accidents will begin. That's the only bad part about the wonderful white stuff floating outside my window...
        "Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of me. Silently and imperceptibly, as we wake or sleep, we grow strong or we grow weak, and at last some crisis shows what we have become." - B.F. Wescott

Comment

There was 30 inches of snow that fell in about a 24 hour period in central MN today. If it was within the 24 hr. period, it will set a new state record.

I love SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Hightower; 09-09-2010, 02:50 AM.
          No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
          - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

Dang! I love snow and cold weather and where do I live...FLORIDA.
            I spent my first 5 years in West Virginia and remember the snow. But, my husband is a Florida boy, born and raised here. I will never get him to live anywhere cold.

Comment

Weather finally changed here last night. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the warm weather, but I'm looking forward to some winter weather. Christmas just ain't the same without it! I wish we could figure out a way to have snow without the damn ice, though!
              "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

I don't mind the cold, the snow or the ice. But I sure could use a switch to turn the wind off when it is cold! Oh yes, and driving. It's the OTHER guy, the one who normally drives 45 in the 25 zones. He MIGHT slow down to 40 when it's icy. Sheesh
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

The one in a million times we get snow here, it's like a natural disaster. When I lived up North, we could have a full scale blizzard and life would go on. Here, as soon as the first flakes start sticking to the roads and it gets a little slick, the are closing the freeways and calling out volunteers for traffic control. People here just have absolutely no idea how to drive on slick roads.

Comment

It has been unbelievably cold here in the pit of hell for the past 2 days. My place of work is having a dilemna with the heating and cooling and inside is 54 degrees. Problem is one side of the store is hot and the other is cold Each side sets of the other and they can't get it fixed for 3 more days. Meanwhile we all get pneumonia.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

DesertRat,

We have loads of snow here every year and people still don't know how to drive, especially during the first few storms of the year
                      Last edited by Hightower; 09-09-2010, 02:50 AM.
                      No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
                      - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

WE have had 4 1/2 inches of snow over the past two days.

The city PD has worked over 210 accidents. This doesn't include what DPS has worked out in the county.

Talk about people that don't know how to drive in snow and ice?

Unfortunately, there is still some ice on the roads, at least until tomorrow.
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

82 degrees and Hurricane Olga kicking up the surf. I'll trade any of you for snow!!!

We only get freezing temps a couple months out of the year, but when we do we are prone to black ice. You get either of two trains of thought on driving in this stuff...WAYYYYY over cautious or incredibly stupid-just drive the way you do all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by JKT:
                            WE have had 4 1/2 inches of snow over the past two days.
                            Jack, you have had SNOW?? i am MAD. showoff... hehe
                            the weather in Jersey is like Spring and i hate it...it's the holiday season and supposed to be cold. tomorrow they are predicting 70 degrees. i wish i had that place in Maine already.
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Well, ladies and germs, we never quite hit + 40 Celsius (about 100 F) this summer around here, but we have been known to get down to - 40 C (about - 42 F) with TONS of snow.

So far, it has hit - 15 C and we have some snow sticking to the grassy areas. The roads are mostly clear, but when the snow first came last week, there was "black" ice.

Ah, nothing like this time of year though - beaver-fur ear-flap hats, parka, heavy-weight wool pants, insulated water-proof boots, and a second key to be able to lock up the police car while keeping the heater going! And that's before pulling out the arctic military boots, insulated overalls and arctic military gauntlets.

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas/just like the ones I ALWAYS know!"
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3049 users online. 145 members and 2904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X