• Show
Clear All

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    Post thread due to personal attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Five-0fromSoCal
    replied
    I work for a very large dept. A good portion of our cars are 2 man units. Unfortunately, we also have 1 man cars. If you work a 1 man car, it is regular practice to wait for at least one more car re: a domestic violence call. If you go on enough of these heated type of calls like I'm sure you have, you've experienced that you dont fight only the suspect but the victim and/or family as well. Drugs and/or alcohol is usually involved also and you know what thats like when dealing with knuckleheads. If it means you wait a lil longer for another copper, then you wait. If they want to complain then let them. Next time you have contract negotiations, tell them to put 2 man cars. Your safety isn't worth it. Be safe bro's.

Leave a comment:

• VegasMetro
    replied
    Originally posted by 28Blue21
    So what you are saying is that you can't go to a domestic alone ever????? Or you have to wait outside? Must be nice to have 20 cops show up at a shouting match. I don't work in a small department - nor a huge one - but if you can't go to a call because you don't have back up, maybe you "ain't the police" that you think you are. That sounds like rookie talk/by the book if I have ever heard it. In a perfect world (which we are not in) every call would be one with back-up. You know, for the unexpected. But if you always have back-up ..... maybe your city isn't as busy as you believe it is.
    Heres a little history lesson for ya, check the stats of officers killed in the line of duty by suspect gunfire. The majority of cops killed are from domestic violence calls and 80% of them are in the Sotheastern US. Remeber that the next time you go running into a domestic violence call by yourself, Mr Georgia Officer, I hope you don't become the next statistic...
    I'm sure we all have a large calls for service load, yours probably involves community policing issues, which is fine. I will be waiting for the episode when the COPS film crew rides in your city. ..Be safe...

Leave a comment:

• 28Blue21
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasMetro
    Code:
    the volume of calls but I guarantee you big city boys don't respond to domestics by themselves, handle DUI's by themselves, or bar fights by themselves among other things. Those
    You damn right we don't respond to domestics alone, it's against our policy, and common sense. Same applies with any fight call. Any cop who responds to a domestic alone is an idiot and more than likely should not be a cop to start with. Even if his back up is another town away...

I'm glad you don't handle our budget here in Vegas, apparently you think our street's are full of cops and detectives. We, like every other department, are short handed. I wish we had the detectives to handle the nightly shootings, stabbings, rapes and every other call we respond to each NIGHT! If the case isn't solved by the uniform officers, more than likely it won't be solved, that's a fact of life in any city. The TV shows you watch and probably learned most if not all of your investigation skills from, are not real... Don't you have some parking tickets to write with you Meter Molly cart?

I'm curious to know where you work???
    So what you are saying is that you can't go to a domestic alone ever????? Or you have to wait outside? Must be nice to have 20 cops show up at a shouting match. I don't work in a small department - nor a huge one - but if you can't go to a call because you don't have back up, maybe you "ain't the police" that you think you are. That sounds like rookie talk/by the book if I have ever heard it. In a perfect world (which we are not in) every call would be one with back-up. You know, for the unexpected. But if you always have back-up ..... maybe your city isn't as busy as you believe it is.

Leave a comment:

• 28Blue21
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    I bait the hook It's you guys not paying attention that frickin swallow it every time on every post. It's the same guys every time too.
    Boy, aren't you just the superior wisened old crusty fisherman? You got such a way of showing us green cops how things will be when we grow up ....

what-a retard

Leave a comment:

• 28Blue21
    replied
    Code:
    the volume of calls but I guarantee you big city boys don't respond to domestics by themselves, handle DUI's by themselves, or bar fights by themselves among other things. Those
    You damn right we don't respond to domestics alone, it's against our policy, and common sense. Same applies with any fight call. Any cop who responds to a domestic alone is an idiot and more than likely should not be a cop to start with. Even if his back up is another town away...

I'm glad you don't handle our budget here in Vegas, apparently you think our street's are full of cops and detectives. We, like every other department, are short handed. I wish we had the detectives to handle the nightly shootings, stabbings, rapes and every other call we respond to each NIGHT! If the case isn't solved by the uniform officers, more than likely it won't be solved, that's a fact of life in any city. The TV shows you watch and probably learned most if not all of your investigation skills from, are not real... Don't you have some parking tickets to write with you Meter Molly cart?

I'm curious to know where you work???
    You go, superman!

Leave a comment:

• Ken K
    replied
    What dept did you work for previously?
    One of the continuing issues here has been LEO verification. I'm comfortable with the verification of my credentials by independant sources on another site. Completed with personal emails and calls to my departments.

My departments were small enough, 12 man PD and 40 person Sheriff, that you could ID me from the info. That does not go out over the internet.

How do I know what you say is true?

And really, I don't care if you believe me or not. So go ahead and accuse me of not having been in LE. Since it was "small time," according to you it doesn't count anyway.

Leave a comment:

• VegasMetro
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken K
    Read more carefully...just not presently an officer.

What dept did you work for previously?

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    No you are not all the same.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There was thread a few weeks ago, you're not a cop until you've tasted them. I agree with Bodie.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    I bait the hook It's you guys not paying attention that frickin swallow it every time on every post. It's the same guys every time too.

LMFAO....nice

Leave a comment:

• LawEnfWB
    replied
    I
    Last edited by LawEnfWB; 10-07-2005, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken K
    replied
    Let me get this straight, your profile says you are not a cop, yet you want to add you two cents. Don't you have some shelves to re-stock somewhere???
    Read more carefully...just not presently an officer.

Leave a comment:

• VegasMetro
    replied
    Originally posted by WTPD3534
    Wow, I really held the LVPD in high regard and would have someday liked to apply there if they brought the laterals back. But if you are any indication of the kind of officer they have then I'll have to say no thanks. As was already stated, get off your high horse and get with the real world. The country isn't all big cities and the people that live outside the city need police too.

I agree with you, the majority of police departments across the US have an average of 7 officers or less. I'm not saying they are not needed, but I am saying small town dept's are not exposed to the same crime trends/rate of that in a major city. I'm certain towns come close, there are always exceptions.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    You would not believe how many Senior Officers get a kick out of how some people react here. We say we would just love to have some of them in a training class or be FTO for some.

Like toby101 loosing it. That's a real kicker !!!!!!!!
    Most of us here have had to deal with a fellow officer DUI. One guy even had to process a Supervisor for DUI who soon after retired. Most that claim how they would handle such & such you can tell by what they say they have never faced the situation personally.
    Last edited by Bodie; 10-07-2005, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5702 users online. 331 members and 5371 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X