Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by 10-13:
    im paying for two ISP's (AOL and earthlink) and two separate phone lines...and i dont even have cable tv to watch!!!

With this setup you might as well go to broadband now. Because at $20/month for earthlink, and $25/month for AOL, you are already paying as much as the average broadband bill. And that doesn't include the second phone line, which I'm guessing adds another $20 or so per month without any toll calls. My guess is that between two ISP's and two phone lines you're paying at least $85/month [Eek!]

If for whatever reason you wish to keep AOL, they have a "Bring Your Own Access Plan" for people who already have other ISP's. It's $10/month cheaper. All you have to do is notify AOL that you wish to use this plan, and on your startup screen beneath your password change the access to "ISP/LAN." Then connect to earthlink first, then log on to AOL. You'll find that you'll log on a lot faster and more reliably than with using AOL's dialups. You can try this now if you wish, however until you notify AOL you will still get billed for the full rate.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Sig220Man:
      If for whatever reason you wish to keep AOL, they have a "Bring Your Own Access Plan" for people who already have other ISP's. It's $10/month cheaper. All you have to do is notify AOL that you wish to use this plan, and on your startup screen beneath your password change the access to "ISP/LAN."

Siggy,

I only pay $9.95 for my AOL because I don't use their dial up service. I thought that was standard everywhere for that service. Are you phrasing it to say it's $10 a month, or $10 cheaper a month?

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by kateykakes:
        I only pay $9.95 for my AOL because I don't use their dial up service. I thought that was standard everywhere for that service. Are you phrasing it to say it's $10 a month, or $10 cheaper a month?

It USED to be $9.95/month, then earlier this year they upped it to $14.95/month. Not long after that I dropped AOL altogether.

They have a $9.95/month plan but that's for a limited number of hours only.

Comment

I still pay only $9.95 (according to my bank statement) and I have unlimited use. I still hate the service and as before, very rarely use it. I keep waiting for my kids to get sick of it and learn to love cable like I do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2754 users online. 160 members and 2594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X