300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested Student

I'm doing a project in a School-to-Career class as school and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips as to what the life of a police officer entails. I'm interested in becoming a police officer after high school and I don't know that much about police work. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks

It's definately not what you see on "Cops". After all of the running/chasing/fighting/arresting the turds. You spend the next 6 hours trying to explain it all on paper so some ADA can plead the turd down to a slap on the wrist from a 1st degree felony. It's frustrating but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love being a cop, I just wish it paid more.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's an "experience". You do & see things most people only imagine. Unlike T.V. it's really hours of boredom & repetitive calls to mostly ungrateful people who wonder where you were so they weren't victimized or they're wondering why you're "harassing them. ONCE in a while though you get to see how perhaps you've really helped someone & how grateful they are. Then all the other B.S. is forgotten about & it makes it worthwhile. The job is like no other........ it's the only one I know of that if you do what you're supposed to, you get in trouble & if you DON'T do what you're supposed to you get in trouble

Comment

Contact your local FOP (Faternal Order of Police).
        They should be able to steer you in the right direction.
        Hope this helps.
        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
        between you
        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2999 users online. 143 members and 2856 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X