Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America Robbery in North Hollywood (I think).

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank of America Robbery in North Hollywood (I think).

I'm sure most of you have seen the video. I saw it for the first time tonight in my Crim Justice class. That's some crazy stuff there. Does anyone know where I can find the video online with the commentary and all?

What class were you in? In my major we have topic specific classes for criminal justice. I just started this year, im taking Intro to Criminal Justice, CJUS 101
    Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
    Certified Private Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
      I'm sure most of you have seen the video. I saw it for the first time tonight in my Crim Justice class. That's some crazy stuff there. Does anyone know where I can find the video online with the commentary and all?
      I am not sure if you could get it online as a download, but you can buy the A&E version for 25 bucks

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=74485

They have a ton of great stuff and a lot of there crime/law documentries are on sale for less than $8. There is a history of the LAPD video for $7.50.

Seeing as I can never pass up an exposed hamstring, I found this one for you as well!!!

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/i...tid=&subcatid=

Comment

cruel... =)

Comment

That's one of the reasons many departments are going to M16's or other assault rifles in daily patrol.

I'd hate to be primary officer on that incident though and try to do the report lol.

Comment

I was doing some channel surfing just less than a week ago, and I stumbled across "MSNBC Investigates: Terror in North Hollywood."

You might want to keep an eye out for this documentary on MSNBC. They usually run those on the weekends.

Comment

I actually got the movie, I only watch it when I am in a good mood.

Its called 44 min.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                I actually got the movie, I only watch it when I am in a good mood.

Its called 44 min.
                I have a question for you.. I saw an LAPD guy say in one documentary that he shot one of the bad guys (the headshot) with one of his last two rounds. He was apparently was hiding on the other side of the hedge and when the guy passed him he took him out. Recently, other programs have said that the bad guy killed himself.

Anyone know what really happened?

Comment

Bad guy did shoot himself first.

Comment

Originally posted by amperez50
                    Bad guy did shoot himself first.
                    That's what was said in the MSNBC documentary. The guy shot himself in the throat or something like that, as a police sniper shot him.

Comment

I've heard several versions of Phillips' end (I think Mataseranu was the one that was taken out by LAPD SWAT as he was trying to carjack a pickup). In one version, he committed suicide. In another, he shot himself at the same time that the officer hit him from the hedge. And, most recently, I heard a police sharpshooter took him out.

I'm sure there are good documentaries on the event, but one of the cable channels (probably f/x or USA Network) did a docu-drama on it recently called '44 Minutes'.
                      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

According to the video I saw last night, from the commentary and from the looks of it he shot himself in the chin/neck pretty much right as he was shot by a sniper (a shot that hit his spinal chord and snapped it). Both shots were fatal, not sure which one was technically "THEE fatal shot."

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                          Seeing as I can never pass up an exposed hamstring, I found this one for you as well!!!

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/i...tid=&subcatid=
                          I hate you.

Comment

According to the video I saw last night, from the commentary and from the looks of it he shot himself in the chin/neck pretty much right as he was shot by a sniper (a shot that hit his spinal chord and snapped it). Both shots were fatal, not sure which one was technically "THEE fatal shot."

I do agree with JustDontDie, it look like the guy shot himself first, but both shots were fatal.

One question I have is, why didn't they go to the damn gun store earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by AirWind23
                              What class were you in? In my major we have topic specific classes for criminal justice. I just started this year, im taking Intro to Criminal Justice, CJUS 101
                              I'm in Introduction to Administration of Justice (that's what it's called at my CC). Basically it's just fancy for Intro to Crim. Justice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3079 users online. 214 members and 2865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X