Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sean Penn in Baghdad -- now STAY THERE !!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Penn in Baghdad -- now STAY THERE !!

Sean Penn Arrives in Baghdad for Three-Day Visit

The actor and director Sean Penn arrived in Baghdad on Friday morning at the start of a three-day visit to Iraq.

"By the invitation of the Institute for Public Accuracy, I have the privileged opportunity to pursue a deeper understanding of this frightening conflict," Penn said in a statement released in Washington and Baghdad on Friday. "I would hope that all Americans will embrace information available to them outside conventional channels. As a father, an actor, a filmmaker, and a patriot, my visit to Iraq is for me a natural extension of my obligation (at least attempt) to find my own voice on matters of conscience."

Penn's visit to Iraq has been organized by the Institute for Public Accuracy, a national U.S. organization of policy analysts with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
    --------------------------------------------------

HEY KIDS.....do i smell another Jane Fonda here?? i don't know...some unfortunate situation might happen in baghdad, if we're lucky!!

dear sean, please invite the rest of your friends from hollywood to join you in your soul searching expedition. i'm sure they can all afford to take a vacation with you. and what better way to spend the holiday season with your leftist friends than in hell.

p.s. and when your friends all arrive, please STAY there and rot. we won't miss you, really !!
    I'll post, You argue.

I'm confused. Did he say anything against the coming war, or against US policy? It looks like all he said was that he was going there to see for himself. If you had the opportunity to go over and visit the place safely before it gets blown into another dimension, wouldn't your curiosity make you want to? My understanding is that, despite having poor leadership, the country itself is quite interesting.

He probably WILL say something offensive or stupid before it's over, but just visiting doesn't make him a traitor. I'm also not quite sure why anybody cares what Sean Penn does anyway.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Shaky & Blue:
      I'm confused. Did he say anything against the coming war, or against US policy? It looks like all he said was that he was going there to see for himself. If you had the opportunity to go over and visit the place safely before it gets blown into another dimension, wouldn't your curiosity make you want to? My understanding is that, despite having poor leadership, the country itself is quite interesting.

He probably WILL say something offensive or stupid before it's over, but just visiting doesn't make him a traitor. I'm also not quite sure why anybody cares what Sean Penn does anyway.

".......(at least attempt) to find my own voice on matters of conscience."

hmmmmm....baghdad? possible conflict? anti-war stance against the administration? noooo....no political agenda there.
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
        what better way to spend the holiday season with your leftist friends than in hell
        That's the loving message Jesus always taught.

Comment

Nickg,

Why are you so upset that an actor named Sean Penn is visiting Iraq? Why do you care what his political opnions might be?
          Retired

Comment

"Patriot" ??? WTF???

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by retired:
              Nickg,

Why are you so upset that an actor named Sean Penn is visiting Iraq? Why do you care what his political opnions might be?

i just think it's funny that these "entertainers" think they have all the answers to the worlds ills...or haven't you been paying attention to the streisands, baldwins, asners, and mike farrels of the world.

now penn can come back and go on larry king and phil donahue and tell everyone how enlightening his trip was and we as Americans are bastards to even THINK of supporting the president in any conflict against these poor people. it's for the children you know.

God knows that actors and pop stars can run the country better than anyone else. look how good martin sheen does as the "pretend" president on tv.
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Regean did a pretty good job.
                -Sparky

Comment

The only reason I care about this is because I get a good laugh out of these self-important Hollywood schmoes acting like they really matter more than any of us do.

Sean Penn prbably barely keeps on the Hollywood A list and has never come across as much in the brains dept. So other than comedy value, I don't care about his trip at all. It only serves to reinforce my low opinion of his ilk.

Comment

Lets send a peace loving person like Penn. How many photographers did he punch in the 80's?
                    Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6074 users online. 365 members and 5709 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X