Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttercup
    replied
    I've been very fortunate so far, all of my Christmases have been memorable in a positive way....one really good one was the first year that my dad (a cop) didn't have to work at all on Christmas. The other one that stands out is the year that my dad was working afternoons on Christmas Eve and suggested that we leave Santa a sandwich instead of just cookies and milk before we went to bed.

Leave a comment:

• 1sgkelly
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    Ok, sorry about that. I thought I missed something about you being sick or something.
    Just mental.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 1sgkelly
    The next one; if I make it.

Ok, sorry about that. I thought I missed something about you being sick or something.

Leave a comment:

• keith758
    replied
    1977. First Christmas married to my wife, and the last Christmas with my Mom. She died of cancer less than 3 weeks later. My wife is still with me. As an official "Old Fart", I've had a lot of great holiday seasons, and there's not room enough to tell about them.

Leave a comment:

• blackandgold978
    replied
    I'd have to say last Christmas. Why? Because I had to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day huddled in front of my living room fireplace, wrapped up in blankets like a friggin war refuge. The power went out in Central Ohio over a week long period because of an ice storm. Ate my Christmas dinner down at the good ole' Waffle House, which of course managed to keep it's power on.

Hey, waffles are good for any time of the year, aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    Sorry guys but I contacted the ACLU, THe ADL and some smart jewish attorneys. Iam offended by all this christmas talk... Where are the Chanukah memories...??

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY Christmas celebrating brothers and sisters out there...

Leave a comment:

• 1sgkelly
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    WHAT??????
    Old fart joke.

Leave a comment:

• ocpd24
    replied
    My most memorable christmas Tennessee 1974 my parents and 2 brothers just moved there father had a tough time finding work in the podunct town we lived in i got some plastic army men and a bb gun but we ate good thanks to a new thing called food stamps. times were tough but we were happy. Boy am i depressing??? but my mom and i always talked about our most memorable christmas........ i miss her. Merry Christmas guys keep each other safe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 1sgkelly

WHAT??????

Leave a comment:

• 1sgkelly
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would have to say my best christmas would be 1996. When my all my mom's side of the family decided to go to Disney World for christmas. Boy was that fun, but I would never do that again. To many damn people in the parks area.

Leave a comment:

• The Colonel(44)
    replied
    Christmas 1987 WTH was I thinking. Christmas 1989 Nightmare is over With! I understand now what (MLK) famoues quote Free at Last, Thank God Almighty Iam Free at Last! My most memorable Christmas

Leave a comment:

• Lictalon
    replied
    Christmas 1987, the first Christmas in our new house. My brother and I crept out in the middle of the morning and grabbed our stockings, and hid under the blankets for three hours, carefully slicing open each package. It was the longest any opening has ever been, and I remember how awesome it was that we were up and the rest of the world was asleep.

Christmas 2001, the first year with my wife. We went back to her mom's house and we slept on the floor in a backroom. It was freezing and I spent all night trying to get warm the only way newlyweds know how, and she spent the whole night giggling and trying to fend me off.

I'll leave the rest of that story to the imagination [Wink]

Leave a comment:

replied
    nickg- I know what you mean. My Dad passed on 10 yrs ago right before Christmas. I couldn't go to their church for Christmas mass for almost eight years without feeling the loss all over again. The church reminded me of the funeral we had just after Christmas. My mother and Dad sang in the choir and I always went but had a real hard time of it for those years. They remodeled the place three years ago, and it looks totally different, so it's not as hard now. My Mom continues to sing and these last few years are special indeed.

Brings to mind the Christmas my father spent most of the day apologizing to me. I was five and got my first two-wheel bike. Now, I wasn't exactly the most graceful child and my nickname was the "stitch kid" because I kept the ER doctors well trained on sewing. So they gave me a brand new bike, red to boot: it was something. The problem was my Dad didn't know I had been riding the neighbors bikes for about a year. He got it with training wheels. No amount of talking on my part would get him to remove them. He finally said "Show me you can ride and I'll take them off." We lived in a house part-way up a hill. Right at the bottom the road dog-legged to the right 90 degrees. So I jumped on the bike and took off down the hill just like I had done before. I hit that corner and- surprise- bikes with training wheels don't turn real well, especially at speed. There were two posts and a plank for five or six mail boxes right there. The bike made it under, I didn't. Big old gash in my head. It dawned on Dad why the whole thing happened and the wheels came off. Many "I'm sorrys" later and after a lot of direct pressure on the top of my head, I finally got back outside and rode the rest of Christmas away.

Leave a comment:

• nickg
    replied
    1985 -- my son was born about 3 weeks earlier, so it was our first Christmas with him.

on the very opposite end of the spectrum, Christmas Eve is also a sad day for me because my Dad passed away on Christmas Eve 1987.

but i always look at the wonderful Christmases we had together and that brightens up the day for me. You couldn't open any presents until Dad/Grandpa said so. "now can we open them?" "now can we open them?" "now can we open them?"

and all these years later i still miss him on Christmas Eve.

[ 12-17-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: nickg ]

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4795 users online. 231 members and 4564 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X