300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great Choice By Detroit

Here is another article that will get you mad...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/editoria...A14-331197.htm

Any thoughts?
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Ok, lets do a little math. I don't know what Detroit Police officers get paid.

743,000/40,000= 18.5 officers a year.

Is anyone else seeing a problem with this, have 18 more officers or have a piece of equipment that would collect dust.

Comment

Does Detroit really have a need for this tank? Maybe if this was Iraq or something, but how many anti-tank bombs are there in Detroit? I remember back in the spring when my city bought a little plane. People were outraged by it being a waste of money. I can only wonder what criticsm buying a tank would bring. Sounds like the Detroit police department needs to take Money Management 110.

Comment

Reading the article, the federal money that this is coming from can only be used for this or rookie cops, which means that either way it can't save jobs, since the most senior guys would be the ones that got to keep their job.

Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel said federal guidelines indicate the forfeiture money the department wants to use for "The Commander" can be applied to salaries of rookie cops and temporary employees and to provide law enforcement training.

Comment

what are they gonna do with this tank....?????

guard the malt liquor shipments ??????????????

wonder how much money is generated in the underground

economy....

www.schackdaddy.com
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

i could be wrong but when i checked into DPD they only started at 28,000ish. that may have been for the academy. not to sure.

even at that 18.5 could be mucho helpful.

if they do get the tank sign me up to drive that bad boy
            Cut medical costs, TAP out early

Comment

Just another reason why Detroit is one of the worst cities in the United States.
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Correction RabbitMPD, that is part of the reason why Detroit is the WORST city in the United States. This is coming from a Tigers and Red Wings fan. Just when I thought that perhaps on a trip to Detroit I would be able to relieve the streets of Baghdad a little. I was correct this will totally add to the realism, wow. The whole city management should be terminated, heck a factory uparmored M1114 Humvee only costs $140,000. It will take as much of a hit as that thing will.

Comment

Another show of stupid waste. If the PD there NEEDS this piece of equipment then so be it, but come on, do they really. I'm sure there are many other things that could be purchased for that money.

Hell if you need to ram a building and don't have a tank, use your oldest Crown Vic, you'll only be out about 30K.

Comment

Originally posted by CarCop
                    Another show of stupid waste. If the PD there NEEDS this piece of equipment then so be it, but come on, do they really. I'm sure there are many other things that could be purchased for that money.

Hell if you need to ram a building and don't have a tank, use your oldest Crown Vic, you'll only be out about 30K.

Wouldn't insurance cover it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4769 users online. 254 members and 4515 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X