300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird call?

This may not top others' stories, but last night I took the most unusual larceny call I've ever had.

A man in town fenced his rather large yard with chain link fence several years ago, to keep his dogs in the yard. After problems with the neighrbors, the guy puts up a larger wooden "privacy" fence around his yard, on the inside of the chainlink fence.

Yesterday, he noticed that someone had removed 65 feet of the chainlink fence.....just removed it from the posts, which were still there. Due to the way the brush plantlife had grown, you could tell the fence had been missing for some time.

I just found it weird that someone would go through the trouble of taking down 65 feet worth of chain link fence.
    That's nice....sign here.

talk to the neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by backinblue
      talk to the neighbors
      I did....they have "no idea" about it. They are turds we have to deal with on a semi-frequent basis.

The big problem I thought was the time.....it was obvious that the chainlink had been missing for some time. The brush and shrubs had grown in and around the area where the chain link was missing. The owner even admitted that it could have been gone for years. Chances of recovery are slim to none.

I just found it weird that someone went to the trouble of detaching all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLFINFAN
        I did....they have "no idea" about it. They are turds we have to deal with on a semi-frequent basis.

The big problem I thought was the time.....it was obvious that the chainlink had been missing for some time. The brush and shrubs had grown in and around the area where the chain link was missing. The owner even admitted that it could have been gone for years. Chances of recovery are slim to none.

I just found it weird that someone went to the trouble of detaching all of it.
        That is weird. and think of how much time it took to to remove that much fence. Sounds like the neighbors, but you never know. It's probably long gone by now. Good luck and stay safe

Comment

Well we had someone remove copper wiring from all of the AC units in an office complex. :P

Comment

I'd say someone stole it to sell it to a construction salvage company. You could check to see if there are any in your area. If there are, there probably aren't too many and it wouldn't be too hard to make contact with them. I would think 65 feet of chain link fence is odd enough that someone might recall taking it in.

Either that, or your guy is thinking about filing an insurance claim on it and needs a police report.
            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Last new years eve, I responded to a public nudity call at the firefighter dorms, to find a 55 year old Senior Master Sergeant running around in the nude declairing he was a rubberman. So far, that's the limit of my weirdness.
              "The world isn't as it should be. It's harsh. And it's cruel. That's why there's us. Champions. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."-Angel Season 4

Comment

I checked at Lowes and Home Depot. 50 feet of equivalent chain link is about $50. So I think that rules out an insurance claim.

No, the chain link had been missing for quite a while....at least a year or more I'd say. It is long gone.

My point was I just found it odd that someone went to the trouble of detaching 65 feet of chain link. That was about half the length of his north property line. And they took it from the middle of the property line. Just struck me as odd.

Comment

Originally posted by JLFINFAN
                  I checked at Lowes and Home Depot. 50 feet of equivalent chain link is about $50. So I think that rules out an insurance claim.

No, the chain link had been missing for quite a while....at least a year or more I'd say. It is long gone.

My point was I just found it odd that someone went to the trouble of detaching 65 feet of chain link. That was about half the length of his north property line. And they took it from the middle of the property line. Just struck me as odd.
                  I would find it more odd that someone actually called the police to report the theft a year later. He has another fence there it's not like the chain link was even serving a purpose.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6189 users online. 322 members and 5867 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X