Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my brother was a senior in high school him and a group of friends bought white zorro-style masks to wear to basketball games that they wore with old jerseys during spirit week. One of the kids was wearing the mask in the back of a car when they stopped at a gas station to get gas and drinks. Some genius decided to call the police reporting a robbery in progress, when my brother came out with his drink (none of the kids that went inside had a mask on) he was greeted by a handful of cops with their guns aimed at him.

Luckily nobody got hurt, but I always thought that the person who called that in needed to pay attention to his/her surroundings a bit better...

Comment

Originally posted by ctt
      When my brother was a senior in high school him and a group of friends bought white zorro-style masks to wear to basketball games that they wore with old jerseys during spirit week. One of the kids was wearing the mask in the back of a car when they stopped at a gas station to get gas and drinks. Some genius decided to call the police reporting a robbery in progress, when my brother came out with his drink (none of the kids that went inside had a mask on) he was greeted by a handful of cops with their guns aimed at him.

Luckily nobody got hurt, but I always thought that the person who called that in needed to pay attention to his/her surroundings a bit better...
      You sure it wasn't a member of the other team

Comment

Originally posted by acreature
        Ummmm, why yes.

Don't you know; People's feelings are now more importatnt than their actions?
        Sad, but so true!
        Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

In the news this morning...

A nearby town, Penfield, forfeited their homecoming game to Pittsford after Penfield athletes as well as students from different schools attended a large party with underage drinking/drug usage in Brighton, my town, after their game.
          180-260 kids at the party. No report was filled out, sounds like the the party was broken up with much incident, but somehow Penfield suspended a lot of the students went (how they got names I don't know, BPD claims not to have given them out).
          I might get eaten alive for saying this here, but I don't think the school should force the team to forfeit the game because of something the students did on their own time.
          Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

No Accountability??? Come on...

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
            A nearby town, Penfield, forfeited their homecoming game to Pittsford after Penfield athletes as well as students from different schools attended a large party with underage drinking/drug usage in Brighton, my town, after their game.
            180-260 kids at the party. No report was filled out, sounds like the the party was broken up with much incident, but somehow Penfield suspended a lot of the students went (how they got names I don't know, BPD claims not to have given them out).
            I might get eaten alive for saying this here, but I don't think the school should force the team to forfeit the game because of something the students did on their own time.
            Kids have to know that there will be consequences for their misdeeds. I agree with the forfeiture 100%. The failure to take any disciplinary and/or corrective action would serve to condone their irresponsible AND illegal behavior. You will see things differently when you become and adult and a parent.

I speak as a parent and a police officer.

Comment

At our high school if you are caught doing something like that your name gets given to the school and you are not allowed to play, so if there are not enough to play so be it, like it was said above you got to start teaching people to be responsible for their actions sometime. And as far as our little homecomine incident the majority of the community supported the police action, kids and adults alike. It was nice to see that.
              si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1758 users online. 146 members and 1612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X