300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striped Uniform Pants?

On O.COM we are always discussing our views in uniforms and campaign hats. Let's discuss striped unifrom pants. Do you like them?

I have had striped uniforms twice.They are ok.I have seem some,like baby blue stripes and I did not like them.I have seen some that I did like.I think it is more the officer though.If the offcier is physically fit,the striped pants look good.If the officer is not so pysically fit,they tend to bag and it breaks up the uniform line and the Pant line does not look so good.But hopefully the unifrm top and bottoms match as do the stripe.I have seen some that did not.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Hate them although my uniform has them. There is more to a department than the uniform though.
      " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by badger
        There is more to a department than the uniform though.
        10-4 One that!

Comment

The CHP is the only agency in the area that has them. I think the blue stripes on tan looks sharp.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I have twin tan stripes on navy pants.

Comment

We have tan pants with a 1" dark brown stripe. Without the stripe, they'd look like crap.
              Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

We have the yellow cavalry strip down the leg on our patrol and ceremonial pants. I like having the strip there when directiing traffic or doing road checks, and hate it for tactical reasons.

We also have two tone uniforms - dark pants and a steele grey shirt. It would be nice to flash forward a few years and at least have a dark shirt and cargo pants.

Comment

No stripes on my pants, I dont want em neither, no thanks
                  Retired 02/01/13

Comment

We wear stiped pants. Navy blue pants with french blue stripe with french blue shirts. Matches pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyia
                      We wear stiped pants. Navy blue pants with french blue stripe with french blue shirts. Matches pretty well.
                      Sounds familiar. I hate it! I'd rather have solid navy blue. I did work for a dept with navy shirt and trousers with black stripe on leg for patrolmen, gold for ncos (target identifiers?).
                      " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                        We have the yellow cavalry strip down the leg on our patrol and ceremonial pants. I like having the strip there when directiing traffic or doing road checks, and hate it for tactical reasons.
                        As a civillian, I like the different stripes for practical reasons. It allows me to identify who's pulling me over. Grey- Campus Security, Yellow- RCMP, Red- City, Peacock Blue- Department of Highways. Makes my encounters much easier and less stressful.
                        We also have two tone uniforms - dark pants and a steele grey shirt. It would be nice to flash forward a few years and at least have a dark shirt and cargo pants.
                        Steele grey is still a lot nicer than the light brown shirts they used to wear, though. Grey looks more sharp than dark colors. Answer me this, though. What's up with the shirt sizes? What kind of size is 17 1/2 33? Whatever happened to XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc?

Comment

As a civillian, I like the different stripes for practical reasons. It allows me to identify who's pulling me over.
                          Buhahahahahahahaha.
                          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Isn't it harder to keep striped pants clean. I heard those light stipes get real dirty easy.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5017 users online. 328 members and 4689 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X