300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belts on Patrol

Recently my Department has begun a crackdown on officers wearing their seatbelts on patrol.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index...id=1&aid=53773
    Cops Tell Other Cops: Fasten Your Seatbelt

The New York Police Department is reportedly cracking down on officers who don't buckle up.

According to the New York Post, police officers caught not wearing their seatbelt could get slapped with penalties that range from a simple reprimand to five days without pay.

That would be significantly steeper than the maximum $100 fine for civilians caught without a seatbelt.

Sixty NYPD supervisors are going undercover to bust officers caught without their seatbelts on.

Many officers say wearing seatbelts slows them down, preventing them from jumping out of their vehicles at a moment's notice.

Some also worry about the seatbelt getting caught on their gun holster.
    My question to you, is DO REGULARLY YOU WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT WHILE ON PATROL?

After seeing how many cops die each year in auto accidents and how many are injured, I have started to wear it.
    YES
    67.57%
    NO
    32.43%

I always wear mine. I've heard of too many officers getting hurt or killed in car accidents.
    Blame it on the Trunk Monkey!!!

Comment

I wear mine all the time. Statute mandates it except for emergency runs, which seems counter-intuitive.

Comment

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, at work and in my personal vehicle. I spent 2 weeks in a coma, fractured 3 vertebrae in my back, broke my arm, broke my jaw,and fractured my neck because I didn't have a seat belt on. The 2 passengers in the car that were with me didn't have their seat belts on, and they were killed. I was going about 30mph when I hit the tree. No one would have been killed if they had been wearing seatbelts, and I wouldn't have to live with knowing that a 3-year-old child and her father were killed in a car that I was driving.
        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Well I guess I am the first to say, I don't always wear my in a cruiser. Sometimes in the moment it is not on, but on normal patrol I have it on.

Hmmm I wonder if this post is going to make since.

Well I would change my vote if I could, because I do wear it regulary (its to early for me to think ) I didnt read the regulary on the pole.
          Last edited by Photogrrlz; 10-02-2005, 09:31 AM.
          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Mandated here. You have no choice.
            It's not hard to get one off quick and it will save your life in a TA.

Comment

Always wear mine.
              FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Never wear mine unless we're in a pursuit or sometimes when we're on the freeway. Even then I have to remind my partner and myself to put it on. We're in and out of our car too much to be messing with our seatbelt.

Comment

Always, it's mandated by policy but I believe only fools don't wear them.

Comment

My significant other never wears his, whether he's on patrol or not.

His excuse for patrol is it gets caught up in his duty belt.

Drives me NUTS.

Comment

I've always worn my seat belt.

Comment

ALWAYS.

What kills me are the cops that religiously wear their vests, but not their seat belts. Do they realize how much more likely they are to be involved in a traffic crash than being shot??
                        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Delta, your right on the money. You might be a great driver, but the idiot running the red light isn't...

Comment

I usually wear mine. However, I will take it off when I am patrolling residential areas and certain parking areas, especially the hotels on SH-73.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                              ALWAYS.

What kills me are the cops that religiously wear their vests, but not their seat belts. Do they realize how much more likely they are to be involved in a traffic crash than being shot??
                              Second the motion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 250 members and 3735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X