300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One person dead after explosion outside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

NORMAN, Okla. -- An explosion rocked the OU campus outside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium during the second quarter of the Kansas State/Oklahoma football game.

A statement from President David Boren indicates the bomb was part of an individualized suicide. Explosive experts brought in bomb dogs, that located a second device, which was later detonated by the bomb squad. No one inside the stadium was injured.

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building. The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives inside.

Officials say the bomb detonated 100 yards west of the stadium near the George Lynn Cross Hall, Botany-Microbiology Building. Preliminary reports indicate a pipe bomb may have been found inside a backpack, although those reports are not yet confirmed.

Despite the circumstances, the fans remained calm. "It sounded like two explosions very close together," stated one person who heard the blast. "The seats rattled a little bit. We didn't know anything until the game was over."

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Norman Police, OU Police, and the State Homefront Security Team are investigating. So far, the suicide bomber has not been identified. No other suspects have yet been named.

Damn f'n suicide bomber, I am tryin' to watch the game and everyone desides to call Me to get the details on what happened... do I look like 411 for emergency events LOL.

Haven't we had enough bombing $hit to deal with in this state?!?!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
      Damn f'n suicide bomber, I am tryin' to watch the game and everyone desides to call Me to get the details on what happened... do I look like 411 for emergency events LOL.

Haven't we had enough bombing $hit to deal with in this state?!?!
      Why did everyone call you? Hmm.. sounds like a knock-knock joke.

I hope it was just a guy that decided to check out and not someone trying to do real harm. The indication of a second bomb makes me wonder. I am also concerned that copy cats was follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        Why did everyone call you? Hmm.. sounds like a knock-knock joke.

I hope it was just a guy that decided to check out and not someone trying to do real harm. The indication of a second bomb makes me wonder. I am also concerned that copy cats was follow suit.
        Oh, cause I was the only one not at the game LOL... I hate OU with a passion! I am guessing either he just had a simple death wish, or considering there was a second devise, he was in the process of setting up the 2nd one and accidentally blew himself up.
        sigpic

Comment

just saw the latest news cast *believe at own risk*, but they reported that 3 days prior to the bomb, he tried to buy a large amount of amoniom nitrate *or something like that* fertalizer. he also had an arabic roommate (who last i heard, is missing) and lived in the same building that one of the 9 11 suicide pilots who was a student at the OU flying school. hummmmmm, but the FBI is saying that they have no link between him and any terrorist activities,,, humm, thought this was interesting.
          i wonder how many imbelished news reports will come next.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5268 users online. 295 members and 4973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X