Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is just to sad.....for the officer!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is just to sad.....for the officer!

By Robert Medley
    The Oklahoman

NORMAN - The father of a youth killed by police after a high-speed chase says his son had left Arizona to escape a violent life in gangs.

Show Video

That life ended in gunfire Monday morning.

On Thursday, three days after Richard Lee Sanchez, 17, was shot and killed in south Oklahoma City, Norman police released the name of the officer who fired the fatal rounds -- Chad Vincent, a Norman officer for three years.

Sanchez quit the "Bloods" gang in Tucson, Ariz., and moved to Oklahoma to live with his father, Leonard Sanchez, in rural southeast Norman this year. The son was on probation for an Arizona larceny case, and he was trying to straighten out his life here, his father said.

"The police are trying to make my son out to be America's most wanted," Leonard Sanchez said. "He was a good kid who made a few bad decisions."

His son was taken to a juvenile center in August after violating parole by staying out all night and then trying to elude police.

Late Sunday, Richard Sanchez and three other juveniles escaped from the Alan J. Couch Detention Center on Tecumseh Road by crawling under a chain link fence about 11:30 p.m.

Leonard Sanchez said his son had been told he was going to be tried as an adult and would do prison time.

"They made it a point to him that it was going to be a long time before he got to go home. He got scared -- what can I say?" Leonard Sanchez said. "He wasn't a violent person, but he thought he was going to prison, so he escaped."

Three of the escapees were captured by Cleveland County sheriff's deputies about 2:30 a.m. Monday. Richard Sanchez got away.

About 4:15 a.m., a boy with a knife who matched Richard Sanchez's description robbed a convenience store and stole a pickup in Norman.

Police spotted the pickup, and a chase north on Interstate 35 ended at SE 89 in Oklahoma City about 10 minutes later.

Police said Richard Sanchez got out of the pickup and confronted Vincent before he was shot.

Leonard Sanchez said when a Norman detective told him Wednesday his son was hit 11 times by bullets, he decided not to view the body at the funeral home. Instead, he called an attorney.

"I don't have a vendetta against Norman police. I know they are just doing their job, but I have a problem with the way the officer used excessive force.

"I want that officer fired. I don't think we need an officer on the force who jumps out of his car and starts firing. I don't think he is good for Norman. They have Tasers. They have Mace. There are other ways to take him out other than shooting him."

Lt. J.D. Younger, Norman police spokesman, said he could not comment Thursday on the number of times Sanchez was shot.

He said interviews with those involved with the shooting have been completed and a final report will be forwarded to the Cleveland County district attorney's office. Vincent remains on paid administrative leave, Younger said.

Younger said police understand the Sanchez family's frustration.

"The thing we are trying to get across is we understand any parent's frustration at the loss of a child," Younger said. "The incident that occurred had to do with his (Richard Sanchez's) actions at the time of the incident."

ive been keeping up on that too, people just baffle me, sure they are upset about their lose, but just step back and look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by troyokc
      "I want that officer fired. I don't think we need an officer on the force who jumps out of his car and starts firing. I don't think he is good for Norman. They have Tasers. They have Mace. There are other ways to take him out other than shooting him."
      Damn...hate when I'm right....knew it would only be a matter of time.....
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by zap
        Damn...hate when I'm right....knew it would only be a matter of time.....
        yes sir, you would be,,, kinda like when you hear someone say, "why couldnt they just shoot him in the leg"

Comment

DELETED, saw the topic heading and just figured it was about the Guthrie officer. My bust...
          Last edited by ZGXtreme; 09-30-2005, 06:10 PM. Reason: I'm a certified Retard...
          sigpic

Comment

By Robert Medley
            About 4:15 a.m., a boy with a knife who matched Richard Sanchez's description robbed a convenience store and stole a pickup in Norman.
            ---
            "I don't have a vendetta against Norman police. I know they are just doing their job, but I have a problem with the way the officer used excessive force.
            ---
            Sure sounds like a very gentle and non-violent person. Escaping is one thing, robbing a convenience store with a weapon is another.

Far as I am concered, kid got what he asked for. Not saying the incident is a good thing, but what do you think is going to happen when you bring a knife into a confrontation with an officer. Oh well, better him dead than the Norman cop of the patrons of the convenience store. Won't cause me to shed a tear.
            sigpic

Comment

NORMAN -

The father of a youth killed by police after a high-speed chase says his son had left Arizona to escape a violent life in gangs.

The son was on probation for an Arizona larceny case, and he was trying to straighten out his life here, his father said.

"He was a good kid who made a few bad decisions."

His son was taken to a juvenile center in August after violating parole by staying out all night and then trying to elude police.

"He wasn't a violent person,
              "
              hmmm, he wasnt violent, yet he robbed a store with a knife and stole a truck??? and was a member of an organized gang??? they also forgot to add that he had several arrest in AZ for A&B with a weapon???
              and i like how the reporter put down that he was only arrested here for a curfew violation and ohh yea, eluding,???????????

what the heck was he then.

Comment

At the beginning I was starting to think, "oh this sucks, the kid decided to give up his thuggery and went to hide from his former gangmates" and then... escape from jail, knife, robbery, stole a pickup, chase, and finally a confrontation.

Good turn around by the writer.

Comment

He got what he deserved...$cr-----HIM & His DAD!

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop
                    He got what he deserved...$cr-----HIM & His DAD!
                    i live where it happened, you should of seen what his dad looked like ,,,, two pees in a pod.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                      i live where it happened, you should of seen what his dad looked like ,,,, two pees in a pod.
                      No kiddin... just watching the news clip, can tell his father was a banger in the day and momma was one of tha hood gurls.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
                        No kiddin... just watching the news clip, can tell his father was a banger in the day and momma was one of tha hood gurls.
                        i probly shouldnt be that way, but, monkey see monkey doo. yea, he was a ruff one.

what i dont get, is on the news cast, on camera, he said he "doesnt fault the police, they do the right thing, but this guy was wrong",,,, maaaahuuuhh???

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                          i probly shouldnt be that way, but, monkey see monkey doo. yea, he was a ruff one.

what i dont get, is on the news cast, on camera, he said he "doesnt fault the police, they do the right thing, but this guy was wrong",,,, maaaahuuuhh???
                          Just proves that he doesn't have his act together. Proves he is acting and speaking irrationally. If he had his act together and had a case or honest point to prove... he'd make a lot more sense and wouldn't be making statements that contradict themselves and in turn make him look like an idiot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
                            Just proves that he doesn't have his act together. Proves he is acting and speaking irrationally. If he had his act together and had a case or honest point to prove... he'd make a lot more sense and wouldn't be making statements that contradict themselves and in turn make him look like an idiot.
                            very true,, i just found it odd, that he wasnt really all that upset till he found out, supposedly, who many shots were fired, its not baseball, three swings then you stop. you'd think if he felt it wasnt justified, then it wouldnt have been justified no matter what,

NOT TO MENTION, that he didnt view the body, went to get a lawyer instead.

Comment

And I want you to sit down and shut up, but the funny thing is we all don't always get what we want.

Never fails that whoever you have to shoot is always "just a good boy". If someone is coming at me with a knife I'm not firing 11 rounds.....I'm firing 14 and then I'm reloading in case he's still coming. I have this thing about knives....I don't like getting stabbed or cut with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6348 users online. 359 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X