300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neighbor is a genius.....lol

Our neighbor that I call the neighborhood cop has been blowing all the leaves in the street into everyones lawn all day so they don't blow into his lawn Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have only that to worry about? lol Anyway, the neighbor next to us had a great idea, he got so sick of it. He waited til the guy came out (almost every hour or so) and let him blow the leaves into the lawn. When he went back into the house, this neighbor did nothing. So, all day, this guy has been blowing the leaves back into the neighbors lawn. I could tell the neighborhood cop was really getting mad at leaves in the road he had to keep blowing back up unto his neighbors lawn.
    I went to get the mail and the one neighbor went to go to the out to his car. The "cop" said, "Aren't you getting a little tired of so many leaves in your yard cause I'm going to keep doing this". My neighbor just looked at him and said, "You know you have a son, I have a daughter. I'm going to pick my daughter up from pre-school now for some quality time with her. Just think of all the quality time you are missing with yours because what's he doing while you do this every hour? I'll get my leaves up when I am damn ready to and not until then. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a date with my daughter." He got in his car and left. I had just walked into the garage. Haven't heard that leaf blower for 2 hours now! lol I thought that was great.

[ 03-28-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

I've been reading your posts with interest. Let me get this straight (trying hard not to laugh out loud at work...), this guy is blowing leaves in the STREET back into other people's yards because he thinks they'll end up in his yard? That's the goofiest thing I've heard in a while.

I'd tell him that he dang well better come up with PROOF that every leaf he puts in my yard came from MY trees. Littering laws cover private property in my state, they probably do in yours.

Some people Why do they feel that the entire earth is their little kingdom to keep organized and under control?
    I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Well, he has no friends....wonder why? I hope maybe he learned a lesson about human nature in this. He is like this about everything though. He even has taken his car to somany places because he wants NOT ONE DROP OF OIL in his driveway or garage. Actually, I feel kind of sorry for him. What a way to live, not ever being able to relax and having nothing to do but "police" your neighbors when you get home from work.
      I thought my othr neighbor was very adult about it though. There's a lot more to life then worrying about leaves in you yard. I learned that when my son got so sick.

[ 03-28-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Mitzi,

What an idea! Every day, when all is quiet, tip toe to your neighbors pristine driveway and leave ONE TABLESPOON of OIL in the spot where he parks.

Just one, and then wait until he removes it, then repeat with ONE TABLESPOON of Oil in the same spot

Also, you should be wary of the new compter mini-security video camreas. He might get one installed.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Don't tempt me, Jim! lol We have lived here 25 years and have had and still do have some wonderful neighbors. But, I could write a book about the screwy one, believe me. Some people are just SO strange!

Comment

*note to self*
            Upon retirement, and if I move to Florida, DO NOT move to Mitzi's neighborhood... neighbor appears to be from another planet.
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

This seems like an classic case of OCD (Obcessive Compulsive Disorder). Remember Jack Nicholson's character in the movie, As Good As It Gets?
              http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/asgoodasitgets/

The sad thing is the guy probably can't control his behavior unless he get's psych help.

I had a friend that was mildly OCD. After he vacumed you had to walk in specific paths in the house so you didn't ruin the vacume lines. If you got in his car you had to tap your shoes to prevent grass from getting into the car. He was also obcessive about washing his hands. As much of a jerk as this guy is try to consider that his actions may be beyond his control.

Comment

Mitz,

Let me send you some roots to a won-der-ful little plant we have here called "kudzu."

Plant it around the edge of your property and soak it down every day with plant food. It should get his mind off the leaves.
                People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

LOL I bet that is one of those nasty little weeds right dave?

Klar
                  Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

For those of you not familiar with kudzu, it is the scourge! It was brought from Asia to help control erosion, but it usually outgrows everything. It is an ivy like vine with lush greenery.

It can consume a telephone pole in one season, and cross roads if they are not used in a day or two. It is known to grow 6" or more a day, but most of us would not bet money against a FOOT or more a day!

Deeper in the mountains, entire "hollers" have been consumed by it.

Comment

I knew it sounded familiar LOL I would enjoy watching it cross over into his yard LOL Let it consume his house and car and dog LOL

Klar
                      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

One old man told me one time that he bought it from the "Farm Bureau" back in the 40s or 50s and tried it out down by a creek.

"Damn sh** damn near beat me back to the house!"

I recall laughing about that for weeks so hard I hurt.

Comment

LOL RoFL I can see that happening there. Give it a nice source of water with plenty of food and it takes off like a bansheee.

Klar

Comment

I think my neighbor has OCD also but DANG....He is one annoying person. His wife is somewhat the same way. In the summer, we mow our grass usually about twice a week. We only mowed it once one week and csg to mow our grass. I had the flu and was in a nasty mood and said, "What the h*** do you care if we mow our grass when YOU say we should?" She said, "Because your house is the one we have to look out of our picture window everyday! It's embarassing when we have guests!" lol! Someone, call the funny farm! So, we didn't mow it for two weeks! lol!
                            Their house is absolutely immaculate at ALL times. I have never seen it messy. I remember when we first met them, they came over as I was cleaning house. I said, "Nice to meet you." And SHE said, "You know, they sell things that clean ceiling fans." My husband said,"Yea, we saw those but we like our fans dirty". LOL
                            Actually, they have been a source of much amusement around here. One neighbor got to wondering about their sex life and had all of us doubled over with laughter with his "wonderings". One thing he wondered was did they wear sterile gloves and masks! LOL! And he said DANG! That Pine Sol must hurt like the dickens! LOL!

Comment

Here comes another 'sex thread'......
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4994 users online. 330 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X