300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got M16's in our cars now

Recently our department got M16's in the patrol car. When we were shooting them I could not believe the accuracy that I had. It was kind of intimidating at first to hear we had to shoot machine guns (I am not really a gun guy) but they were so easy to use. My grouping from 50 yards was about a 6 inch circle with 40 shots in it.

Our M16's have the "e-tech?" sights so all you do is put the little red dot on the target and pull the trigger. The guns have been modified so they only go to "semi" automatic. I am excited to have such a weapon to use, and they look extremely intimidating.

We have the M16 in a trunk mount and our shotgun mounted behind us in the vehicle. I am trying to talk to admin about switching the shotgun to the trunk and putting the M16 in the car with us.
    Retired 02/01/13

Too bad that LEO's have to carry such a weapon. Gone are the days when the police just needed a revolver and seldom, if ever, had to use it.

Comment

Very true Security.
      We have a shotgun and HK UMP 45 in each car.

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
        You guys should get the dual mounts. We have the shotgun and AR-15 side by side, between the driver/passenger seat.
        My old department had thier AR-15's in a safe in the trunk with a 3 digit push button combo. It wasn't something you got out in hurry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4977 users online. 325 members and 4652 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X