300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I've learned here

Brickcop's "Random Thoughts" thread got me thinking. And that should mean I should've posted in that one. But..., I just decided since I don't do this enough I should start my own.

I have been here almost a year now and here is what I have learned:

Cops are Cops...
    No matter the state or even the country, when all comes down to it, We are pretty much the same. Same problems, same stressors, same practical jokes played on eachother etc...

The grass isn't always greener on the other side....

I wish we had more people around like SGT DAVE.

Blonde isn't... (but who cares!)

You can pry Mike's guns from his cold dead hands...

If I ever need some no nonsense advise I'd go to: Don, Sparky, FLLawdog, Evnings to name just few...

Mitzi has got to be a strong woman...

If I ever have any questions about north of the boarder I'm calling Pete...

Having a subject title that has anything to do with sex, or nudity will get you more responses...

No matter what the topic is, if it stays around long enough it will become a topic about sex or nudity...(not that there is anything wrong with that)

And... don't EVER debate with Niteshift unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you are talking about!!!

To all the members...Thanks for an interesting year!!
    Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

So, now I have this picture in my mind of Sgt Dave nude...thanks for nothing!
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Ron,

I'm glad that you started this thread it has got me thinking as well. (man can yall smell the smoke?)

Anywho, I've been here roughly seven months and I tell you, I'm really grateful for all the advice, laughter, and thought provoking discussions. You folks are a really great bunch.

I bet there is neat stuff in the restricted area too huh?

But seriously, you guy's are great and I'm so glad I found this place. Man...where is this mushy **** coming from?

--Piper

P.S. You all have to come see me graduate from the acadmey when I get hired ya hear?

Comment

quote:
        "No matter what the topic is, if it stays around long enough it will become a topic about sex or nudity...(not that there is anything wrong with that)"

agreed!!
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

LOL, Pete! Actually, I don't FEEL like a strong woman. I wouldn't want to live these 10 months over agauin for anything. My husband lost his job of 25 years, my son had his second brain surgery that didn't work and he continues to have seizures,
          my beloved cat, Bubba, died and I got diabetes. Even my faith was shaken.
          But, my H found out he has a job, my son FINALLY accepts he can't drive and I am doing the best I can with my diabetes.
          I have learned that life goes on and God is always by your side.

Comment

Me? No nonsense? Or did you mean "long winded?"
            -Sparky

Comment

I'll mail ya a cat Mitzi.

Just kidding! You have to be strong to NOT have been featured in all the Florida newspapers under a headline containing the words "armed standoff"!

Thanks for the kind words Ron.
              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Hmmm wonders if I could hold my own with nightshift I know that I am a great debater but I guess it would have to be something I feel strong about. LOL

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Fast 1 ]
                  Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Wow, this sure is different than the "other" random thoughts board. Cool, I haven't died LMAO yet. Wow. Hey, you DID say random....

So, why is it that everytime I turn around, it seems like we are sending troops somewhere in the world to "protect" those who either won't or refuse to take care of their own interests. Then, they turn around and villify US?

That doesn't make sense....

And, I have seen it before, but really, WHY ARE there Braille keys on a DRIVE through ATM?

Those are my random thoughts at the moment, at least those that can be handled by my brain cell.
                    Out
                    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

The only time I really though I was going to lose it was when they told us that David could have his surgery then changed their minds. I remember feeling despair like I have never felt and even stumbled when I tried to walk to the chapel.
                      Our lives had been so happy until our son got sick. Never take your happiness for granted. And if you have healthy children, you honestly DO have everything.

Comment

If I ever need some no nonsense advise I'd go to: Don, Sparky, FLLawdog, Evnings to name just few...
                        No nonsense? Damn, I'm gonna have to try harder to be sarcastic and condescending!

Comment

Cool thread.

Mostly what i've learned is, that i think i NEED this place. kind of scary and creepy, huh LOL. i had a bad year last year or so...i guess it's true bad things come in 3's...i had a severe ankle injury, gallbladder surgery, and Lyme disease. i'm all better now and raising he!! again. it was nice to have this place to come to everyday when i felt like crap!

This year also started out bad, with 2 family members having serious illnesses. i come here for fun, truthfully, that's why i dont get in many debates. i'd rather act silly

i like learning about each person, the more they post. i knew alot about police work before i got here, and i was missing the whole "police family." i also learned that there really are NICE guys out there in the cyberworld... decent, intelligent, and having a high work ethic (hahaha..couldnt resist ).

From the friends i've made on here, male and female, i learned that there are "real" people on-line.

I've also learned that some people will do ANYthing for the last word...so it's best to give it up and enjoy the day! shut off the computer and go outside! LOL

thanks for all the fun.
                          God Piper...you got me all mushy now lol

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

You can pry Mike's guns from his cold dead hands...
                            Hey now, that's just wishful thinking...

If it ever comes to pass though, be very careful which way the muzzle is pointing...

Comment

Originally posted by jellybean40:
                              [QB]God Piper...you got me all mushy now lol

[QB]
                              *Hugs* sometimes mushy is good!!!

Where's Sgt Dave so we can kiss him on the cheek?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3272 users online. 189 members and 3083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X