Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm responding to a call for a flipped car....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm responding to a call for a flipped car....

at the local drag strip last night, when I turn the corner at the entrance and my light bar falls off my patrol car!!

I look over and there it is hanging down the passenger side of the car by only the power cable, lights still rotating mind you, as I drive through the crowded raceway people laughing the whole way.

Quite possibly one of the most embarrassing moments I've found on the job so far, I figured I had to share.

Tell you what you have some balls. I would have kept that one to myself. What did the Sarge say?

Comment

OMG hun! Damn, I have to say that's the first time I've ever heard that one before!
      I am working nights tonight-car check note to self...check light bar

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
        Tell you what you have some balls. I would have kept that one to myself. What did the Sarge say?
        Oh it was quite priceless. I called him on the radio and said he had to meet me there, my sgt is in charge of all dept vehicles just so happens. He asked me if I was ok so I said "well sarge, my lightbar just fell off". I had several guys from the surrounding towns call me up to inquire about my newly aquired "stealth car" after that.

Edit: When he got there we threw it back on the top and tied it down with a bungee cord to get back to the station. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by NJladyGlock21
          OMG hun! Damn, I have to say that's the first time I've ever heard that one before!
          I am working nights tonight-car check note to self...check light bar
          Yeah especially make sure you check the screw that holds the mounting bracket on tight.

Comment

I hope that no one caught it on tape......
            All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Couple of years ago we had a mini tornado/down drafts, well a couple of our guys are rolling around making sure everyone is getting out of the way, both cars have lights on so the cams are rolling. We my buddy in the lead car takes a turn north on our main drag and bam a tree limb comes down just enough to send his lightbar to the pavement, second car got it on cam. Was greaaat! Luckily for my boy he had enough extra lights on his car (take homes) that he was allowed to roll in a "modified slick top" for a few weeks.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
                I hope that no one caught it on tape......
                Knowing my luck I'm quite sure someone did.

Comment

Originally posted by WTPD3534
                  Knowing my luck I'm quite sure someone did.
                  You'll know when you are channel searching and as you come across the FX channel and Police Videos is on and you're like "Hey thats me!" lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
                    You'll know when you are channel searching and as you come across the FX channel and Police Videos is on and you're like "Hey thats me!" lol
                    Man how messed up would that be! hahahaha

Comment

That must have been a great install job or a crappy light bar.
                      Had one dome flip off bar once and shatter on road when a seal let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                        That must have been a great install job or a crappy light bar.
                        Had one dome flip off bar once and shatter on road when a seal let go.
                        Well being that the vehicle I was driving was 10 years old and the install lasted that long I guess it's not THAT bad. The screw on the bracket that held it on backed out from what it looked like. Thank GOD we're getting new vehicles in the next month (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by WTPD3534
                          When he got there we threw it back on the top and tied it down with a bungee cord to get back to the station. lmao
                          Reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy Joke, You might be a redneck COP if you gotta use BUNGEE Cords to hold down that darn light bar...
                          I got nothing for now

Comment

You were driving a 95 model unit ........... How frickin outdated is that ????

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                              You were driving a 95 model unit ........... How frickin outdated is that ????
                              Seriously, you sure they weren't laughing at your police car, and not just the light bar?

Hey ZGX- What city is that car in your picture from?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5989 users online. 357 members and 5632 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X