300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaing Hats

Hi everyone, I'm just curious what you all think of campaing hats. I have the misfortune of wearing one and I just think that they are a safety hazard and health hazard if you are out in extreme heat.
    By any chance has anyone complained to Osha about this issue in the past? or is it one of those things that doesn't get touched on too often.

I think they look pretty sharp but I don't think they're the best thing for patrol. On patrol you are introduced to a lot more elements and different elements than state patrol who are the ones who usually wear the hats.

Comment

The best looking hat out there in my opinion. I'm not sure what they are made of but I think the NCSHP has some made of a material similiar to straw. Hell, it maybe straw.

I know I've seen some made of felt. Those have got to be hot.

What is your campaign hat made of?
      Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

I agree with the above post. They look sharp. It is hard to wear them in cold weather and wind though. And when it rains you have to put the little plastic "hat condom" on it...Haha. I haven't had a problem with mine, other than it messes my hair up if I wear it too much
        "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

would you rather wear a bus driver hat or a cowboy hat,,, campaigns are the only way to go, straw for summer, felt for winter, keeps the sun and rain off you, and as long as you dont wear it like a mall security guard, then they look sharp as crap. you gotta put some attitude on it, tilt it down in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
            would you rather wear a bus driver hat or a cowboy hat,,, campaigns are the only way to go, straw for summer, felt for winter, keeps the sun and rain off you, and as long as you dont wear it like a mall security guard, then they look sharp as crap. you gotta put some attitude on it, tilt it down in the front.
            Tilt it down, heh, how true. Funny thing I remember one of the troopers who works with the guy I ride along with I've always seen him wearing his hat until one night he took it off and had a big head of hair. I was thinking "damn he looks totally differen't"

Comment

yea, there are some with way to much hair,,just my preference,

kinda looks like one of those jack in the box toys, pop the lid, and woooooow, stuff goes everywhere.

Comment

SHP - hats good... ANY other Police - hats bad.
                Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Campaign hats

Alabama DPS wears the straw campaign hat year around. Glad we discontinued the felt hat for Winter. Sharp looking hat, worn properly. Straw hat is pretty light and comfortable.

Comment

Smokey hats

I wore mine proudly for 30 years and I stll look at mine in the closet from time to time. When I joined the Patrol we were the only department wearing this style but over the years other departments chose this hat for their uniform. We were never allowed to be out of the car uncovered, so you learned how to keep it on all year long, must admit I did lose it a couple of times when a big truck drove by and next thing it was rolling down the highway with me chasing it, sometimes it got run over as well, We had straw for summer and then felt for the other months

Comment

wouldn't be caught dead wearing one.
                      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden
                        I did lose it a couple of times when a big truck drove by and next thing it was rolling down the highway with me chasing it, sometimes it got run over as well
                        It's a big game for truckers to "dust" a Trooper and make his campaign cover go sailing down the shoulder. Matter of fact, I think it was a CT Trooper who was killed by a trucker attempting same.
                        Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

There are days when I wish we were authorized a hat, any hat. Rain, snow, sun, we deserve some sort of protection...
                          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

All I got to say is that campaign hats look extremely professional compared to the standard buss driver style hat. Don't forget of course that several agencies are sporting class 'c' uniforms more and more. They look extremely bad with those ball caps.

Comment

Hats? Screw that... messes up my hair!

BUT, I do concede that Campaign hats do look the best and most professional of the choices not to mention intimidating when you want them to be. Maybe I drew that opinion during Boot Camp LoL. DI's and their "Smokeys" hitting your forehead, argh.
                              Last edited by ZGXtreme; 09-27-2005, 09:34 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5856 users online. 307 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X