300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monmtgomery County Deputies Suspended For Theft

Dayton Ohio :::::: Two Montgomery County Sheriff's Deputies were suspended pending an investigation of thefts from the departments property room. It is alledged in the report that they stole a copy of the video game "Grand Theft Auto" a bullet proof vest and another rather inexpensive item.

What burns me personally about this is they stole from the department and it is theft in office charges they face and they stole items they could have easily bought on any pay day. If convicted they will never be able to get leo jobs again and will have to surrender their certfication to the state.

Makes them no better then the thieves we arrest every day.
    Last edited by Bodie; 09-22-2005, 08:30 AM.

What is "theft in office charges?" Does that carry a different sentence than other thefts?

And I agree - they become no better than the ones we see on the street.

Comment

Theft In Offense .... basically any public official that steals while on the job or in this case on duty from his or her employer. The penalty is stiffer in that it will exempt the person from public employment for either a set period of time or forever. In the case of a law enforcment officer it will be forevere and the will loose their academy cetfication being forced to surrender it to the Attorney General when ordered by the court.

This would be in addition to probation or jail time as if it were a regular theft charge committed by a civilian.

Comment

Actually I know the deputies in question and knowing my department this is all politics.... There is more to the story....

Of course, if I posted other things they been doing lately to all of us you all would gasp....Then again just keep an eye on the Ohio Labor Council and FOP website... Alot of arbatrations (sp?) coming up....
        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Griz ..... What is up in Dayton ? The story does sound "fishy" and here in the Capital City we have concerns about corruption and wide spread wrongdoing in that office ..... Much like it was here some years back under a former Sheriff. We saw good people fired without cause and corrupt promoted and then some indictments and a couple of federal court convictions.

It made for horrible working conditions and most honest deputies were embarrssed to tell people where they worked. We saw quite a fe bail for police departments etc or state jobs. But only the good got out the corrupt and inept stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
            Griz ..... What is up in Dayton ? The story does sound "fishy" and here in the Capital City we have concerns about corruption and wide spread wrongdoing in that office ..... Much like it was here some years back under a former Sheriff. We saw good people fired without cause and corrupt promoted and then some indictments and a couple of federal court convictions.

It made for horrible working conditions and most honest deputies were embarrssed to tell people where they worked. We saw quite a fe bail for police departments etc or state jobs. But only the good got out the corrupt and inept stayed.

I wish I knew...I do know our good old sheriff is planning on running for county commisioner next time around. So he is grooming the new chief deputy to take over if he gets elected. I wonder how you break the chain of the good old boy club.

One of our Majors retired this past year because it was a deal for him to retire and a employee wouldn't continue with their law suit. (FYI. the Major wasn't good)

I have many stories to tell, but they are currently under investigation and being fought with the FOP. In the past few months, many good people are being screwed over. Like I said keep an eye on the FOP/Labor Council.

BTW, where did you get that article, last I heard ISU was still investigating didn't know they got suspended....

Patience with ignorance

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Comment

Oh I forgot the quote that is said around here by folks....

Everything doesn't glitter in gold at the Sheriff's Office

Patience with ignorance

Comment

You can get your best help from the United States District Attorney.
                They love the press generated by an investigation of a local Sheriff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  You can get your best help from the United States District Attorney.
                  They love the press generated by an investigation of a local Sheriff.

hmmmm theres a idea....

you know there was a time I am told by the older folks around here, the sheriffs office was the place to be and now it seems to be the place to run from....

Patience with ignorance

Comment

Hey Bodie,

Looks like good old Vore is trying to screw more people over..... Good folks at that...

Patience with ignorance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5492 users online. 326 members and 5166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X