300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an interview friday for Detention Officer

So I applied for a job with the county here as a detention officer. I took an exam and passed with 88%. I should have done better but whatever. Is there any advice anyone here has about interviewing for this job? Do you know what type of questions they may ask?
    Yes, yes I am sure you NEED that new car. Don't be a financial moron.

I'm only a volunteer in our detention area but was also prepped by most of the jailers for the next time a position opened as the dept expands.

They advised me that the process is similiar to an officer, your questions may differ on any scenarios they give, ie: instead of (you see a vehicle) you may get situations such as a detainee that refuses to comply to commands, a fight in a cell/tank etc.

Best thing to remember on the scenarios is that you aren't invincible if theres a fight in a tank full of inmates get yourself some backup first as things may not always been as they appear, if you got someone who isn't complying do some thinking on all avenues to use (common sense) before resorting to force etc.

The usual bout of 'why do you want this job' 'what makes you a good candidate' are likely to be asked think out your thoughts and organize it into a nice concise answer.

Your command interview they may break apart your background during it, if you've been a DO before expect to answer up to anything in your jacket/file as stated many times for officer your integrity is up for scrutiny as is your background.

That's about all I can think of to give you to prep for, good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5614 users online. 319 members and 5295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X