Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not To Ruin Your Day, But How Much Do You Love The IRS?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klar
    replied
    LOL I think you are one of those smiling faces yourself you just do not want to admit it right now LOL

Klar

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Originally posted by klar:
    Geesh and I thought all postal employeees were these happy go-lucky people who so much enjoyed their jobs that they looked forward to it on a daily basis
    oh they do! its only me...i dont like waiting on customers. we are "the face of the post office" and we're supposed to kindly listen to any tirade they feel like spewing. even if they're talking about a package they lost back in the 70's...

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    Geesh and I thought all postal employeees were these happy go-lucky people who so much enjoyed their jobs that they looked forward to it on a daily basis, LOL "sniff" "sniff" now Jelly has gone and burst my bubble I guess the world really is a dangerous place LOL

Klar

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Yeah we at the post office HATE that day!! worst day of the year...worse than xmas time! at least some of the customers are happy at xmas.

i am not a window clerk anymore this year and i wont have to deal with the customers. yayyyyy life is good.

PS. if you're gonna Certify the thing with a return receipt, fill out your forms before you get in line...saves you from being sent to the back

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    I dread it every year. I throw every thing in a box all year hoping the day will never come. I'll be at the post office at midnight of the 15th it's kind of a tradition. They have mail men standing outside the main post office and you just hand them your envelope out the window. I was going to do it this year electronicly but it's something like shopping on Christmas Eve getting in line before midnight and watching the mail man but it in the sack. Hard to break the ritual.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    I dont get a really big refund, and i like getting the one i get. i dont have kids i can claim. i am just lucky that my mortgage is not too old...so i still pay alot of interest on it which i can claim.

Leave a comment:

• LeeRoy
    replied
    Filed and banked my meager refund. I have a bunch of kids (3 and one on the way), a stay at home wife, and a big mortgage so I claim 14 exemptions on my W-4 which allows me to keep more of MY MONEY. I don't need the federal government to save my money for me at no interest. Those of you who get big refunds every year are losing money. Claim more exemptions and save your money throughout the year.

From what I understand IRS cut way back during the past couple of years so your chances of seeing an audit is pretty slim. I've never had a problem with the IRS. They're just doing their jobs like us. I have a problem with our legislative branch authorizing too many taxes and spending more than we take in causing subsequent administrations to raise taxes. I'd like to also see the IRS seize more assets from folks who have profited from criminal activities.

I use Tax Act software which I download. Not as nice as Turbo Tax but cheaper and once you use it the numbers, such as refunds and carry over amounts, will carry over to next years version of Tax Act. I start my taxes as soon as the first 1099 or W-2 shows up. I'm usually finished before the end of February. If I end up owing I don't file until 4/15. No sense giving them my money before I have to.

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Originally posted by klar:
    LOL Naaaa I would just give you a taste of fine dining LOL

Klar
    you would need to bring lots of lobster recipes then

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    LOL Naaaa I would just give you a taste of fine dining LOL

Klar

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    Originally posted by 207:

ROADTRIP... to Maine!!
    woohoooooo....sounds better than what i planned to do with it!

and Klar you would need to bring lots of caffeine and NoDoz (same thing i guess lol)...you would have to cook a years worth of meals in a week LOL

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    Naw she is going to hire me to come out and cook for her for a week LOL

Klar

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by jellybean40:
    didnt get my refund yet but i know where it's going.
    ROADTRIP... to Maine!!

Leave a comment:

• jellybean40
    replied
    My office has papers everywhere...so i put all tax papers in one envelope as they come.

I always went to H&R Block until the cost was up to $125. about 3 years ago i found Fileyourtaxes.com, nothing to download and it costs about $16. i struggled the first year figuring it all out, but now it's easy.

didnt get my refund yet but i know where it's going.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Done mine.. got the refund.. and used it to pay off most of my motorcycle loan.
    I've done my own taxes for 10 -12 years now using the Turbo-Tax software.

Leave a comment:

• RachelR
    replied
    I haven't gotten my refund yet.... but it's already spent!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6657 users online. 346 members and 6311 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X