X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Skier killed by a Duck

WOW - talk about BAD LUCK!

Watercraft Operator Dies in High-Speed Collision With a Flying Duck

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A man dashing across a lake on a customized personal watercraft at about 55 mph was killed in an apparent collision with a flying duck.
    Leon Resnick, an employee of Riva Yamaha, was testing the water jet-propelled craft Thursday on a lake about 20 miles north of Fort Lauderdale, investigators said Monday.

A co-worker who was watching turned to pick up a radar gun to check Resnick's speed, and when he turned back Resnick was no longer aboard the craft.

Resnick, 31, of Hollywood, died of a blow to his head, the Broward County medical examiner's office said.

"Our theory is that the bird was airborne and clocked him in the head," said David Bamdas, an owner of the dealership.

At the speed Resnick was traveling, the 10- to 15-pound duck "might as well have been a cinder block," Bamdas said.

The bird's carcass was found nearby and there were feathers on the water bike's handlebars, said Broward County sheriff's spokesman Hugh Graf.

He should have ducked!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:
      He should have ducked!!!!!!!!!
      Oooh, that was bad!
      This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

I see I am not the only connousuir of the drudge report...
        Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Wonder what that diagram looks like?

Comment

It is not the diagram that concerns me I would love to see them mark the point of impact on the water with some of that paint LOL. Did they do a chalk outline of both victims? LOL

Klar
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Don't laugh too hard....... I have a template for doing marine accidents. It includes a manatee and a whale.......but no ducks.

Comment

I think they might want to post warning signs in the area "caution low flying killer ducks" LOL. I think I have seen one of those templates but I had no reason to pick it up I just have the regular accident template and my braking coefficent slider. I think somewhere I have my tire marker and some accident reports but am not real sure where those are LOL.

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Do police in Deerfield Beach suspect FOWL play?

Comment

Eeek. That sucks. I met that poor guiy too. I bought my jetboat from Riva Yamaha a few months ago. That really sucks...

Jay

Comment

Do you suppose he quacked his head? Sorry, I couldn't help beaking off.

Comment

LOL I think maybe the duck quacked up after inital impact due to feathers being left on the vehicle invovled

Klar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 356 members and 5617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X